Sevatec Interview Questions

1.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sevatec in July 2010.

Good chemistry, and could answer all questions presented.

Interview Questions
    • always, where are you headed adn how do you plan to get there   View Answer
    • What do you bring to the company.   View Answer
    I was given what I ask for in terms of conditions and salary.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed at a client site with one of Sevatec's senior managers who managed the contract at the client location. After that interview I then was invited to their HQ in Falls Church for an interview with their CEO and HR VP/Director. The interview went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions regarding project experience was difficult but I had the knowledge from having managed a larger project that what I was being interviewed. All went well   Answer Question
    The negotiation was not hard, I came in with my salary expectations and they gave me a little more than what I wanted.

Technical Documentation Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sevatec in February 2012.

I was referred to Sevatech by a colleague from another tech-oriented contracting company. Everyone I dealt with was cordial and welcoming. I came in for a one-on-one with a business manager for the project would be working on. He was very good natured and asked some basic questions about my experience and skills, whether I enjoy writing/editing, and what my career goals are. I emphasized I continuing education/professional development and my desire to get a PMP, which went over well. I understand that it is typical for interviewees meet the CEO after their one-on-one interviews so he can gauge if they are a good fit, but he was unavailable when I was there. All told the interview took about 20 minutes and I was told the outlook looked positive. A week later I spoke on the phone with the project manager I was to work with. I initially believed this to be another interview, but it turned out that my hiring was essentially assured and he just wanted to get a feel for my career goals and give me an opportunity to ask any questions about the project. Three days later I recieved my offer letter. From the moment I expressed interest in the positions to when I got a conditional offer took two weeks. However, the transfer of my security clearance to the federal agency I would be working for has taken 8 weeks (so far) and I have been unable to work for them during that time. Sevatech's security team was very prompt in submitting everything but the process has dragged on regardless. While not part of the interview process or for that matter really under their control, this delay has soured my experience regarding this position. I have received reassurances that things are progressing, but I have seen no evidence to suggest this is true.

Interview Questions
    I came in from a higher salary position but was unable to get them to budge on the maximum compensation range.

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sevatec in September 2011.

The company was having a hiring event at their office. I was greeted warmly by the office manager, given an application and taken to a conference room with refreshments to wait. I was called back for a non-technical interview that took less than 10 minutes, but the interviewer was very nice. I was taken back to the conference room and told someone else would be coming to talk to me. After about 10 more minutes, the same interviewer retrieved me and said the person I needed to talk to was not available, which seemed odd at a hiring even they set up. He gave me his own card with what I believe to be a made-up name on the back and said this person would be calling me at a later date. I never received a call from anyone at the company. Obviously this was a ruse to "get rid" of me, but it would have been preferable if they had been honest and said my skills were not a good fit for the positions they currently had. It was best to find out the true nature of the company during the interview process, as opposed to being hired and then finding out that honestly is not high on their list.