Sevatec Technical Documentation Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Technical Documentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sevatec in February 2012.

Interview

I was referred to Sevatech by a colleague from another tech-oriented contracting company. Everyone I dealt with was cordial and welcoming. I came in for a one-on-one with a business manager for the project would be working on. He was very good natured and asked some basic questions about my experience and skills, whether I enjoy writing/editing, and what my career goals are. I emphasized I continuing education/professional development and my desire to get a PMP, which went over well. I understand that it is typical for interviewees meet the CEO after their one-on-one interviews so he can gauge if they are a good fit, but he was unavailable when I was there. All told the interview took about 20 minutes and I was told the outlook looked positive. A week later I spoke on the phone with the project manager I was to work with. I initially believed this to be another interview, but it turned out that my hiring was essentially assured and he just wanted to get a feel for my career goals and give me an opportunity to ask any questions about the project. Three days later I recieved my offer letter. From the moment I expressed interest in the positions to when I got a conditional offer took two weeks. However, the transfer of my security clearance to the federal agency I would be working for has taken 8 weeks (so far) and I have been unable to work for them during that time. Sevatech's security team was very prompt in submitting everything but the process has dragged on regardless. While not part of the interview process or for that matter really under their control, this delay has soured my experience regarding this position. I have received reassurances that things are progressing, but I have seen no evidence to suggest this is true.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I came in from a higher salary position but was unable to get them to budge on the maximum compensation range.