Sewell Automotive Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sewell Automotive.

When I applied to this position, it only took the employer roughly about a week to get back to me. I was able to schedule an appointment for an interview a few days later. The day of my interview I had to take an aptitude test. The test took less than an hour and it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. After my first interview, I heard back from the employer a week and a half later and we scheduled an appointment for my second interview. During the second interview, I took a two hour aptitude/ personality test. I'm still waiting to hear back from the company...

Interview Questions
  • I don't recall there being any difficult interview questions. The only thing semi difficult was the test.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sewell Automotive

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sewell Automotive.

First spoke to them at business school career fair at Texas A&M. After speaking to a potential manager, you are invited to attend an informational if they like you. From there you have a social and speak to other managers, and set up a one on one/two interview with managers in area of the company you wish to be in. At this interview you take a Wonderlic test before the actual interview. Contacted later, if you had good enough score and did well enough in the interview. From here you are asked to take a personality and logic test at a testing center. If you have done well enough on these you are asked to do an on the site interview. Show you around and introduce you to anyone and everyone and have an on the side interview with other managers. Given an offer a few weeks later if they decide you are a good fit!

Interview Questions
    • Multi stage hiring process that is extremely competitive. Interviews are pretty normal. How do you see your skills matching up with this job. etc.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You knew what you would be paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I first came in contact with Sewell at an on campus career fair. I talked to a representative there who was very nice and eager to talk to college kids. I am studying human resources but I have a lot of previous experience working at automotive dealerships so conversation was easy. She invited me to their "kick-off" presentation at a local hotel ball room.

Lots and I mean lots of people were there. Applicants and Sewell employees. It was kind of over whelming. Nice presentation given by a high ranking Sewell executive. After all the Sewell people hang out and you can talk and ask them questions. Some of them had mini notebooks and were writing down things you said so it's a good idea to talk to as many as possible.

You then have a face to face interview with two Sewell Executives. Two guys in mine and they both were managers at a dealership in Dallas. Nice guys and very easy to talk to. Nothing hard or scary just a standard interview. After that they have you do a small aptitude test with logic/scenario based questions and mathematics without a calculator.

I got passed that round and into the super long personality test. Similar to the first aptitude test with logic, matching, scenario, and then a 180 question "yes this is me, or no this is not me" personality test.

didn't get passsed this point.

Interview Questions
    • What will your parents say about you working for a car dealership   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sewell Automotive in July 2012.

They are very thorough in hiring. I will definitely attest to that. They love kids from SMU, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M. If you went to school there, you will be fine. Dress very conservatively---white shirt, dark suit. Just like the old IBM way of conservative business dress. Really good looking girls are preferred. Expect to have about 6 interviews---HR and most of the sales managers at the store you are hoping to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sewell Automotive in October 2011.

It was more of a conversation rather than an actual interview. If you read Carl Sewell's book, he says that the company wants very enthusiastic people who can't sit in once place in a chair during the entire interview; they want you excited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sewell Automotive in March 2011.

Interviews are very casual, you really just have a conversation with the managers. They do have you interview with 4-5 per store that you interview at. Speak to each person for about 30 minutes, so it can be a bit overwhelming/ exhausting. However, very casual and low pressure environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sewell Automotive in February 2011.

You start with a job fair or career fair at a college campus. You must have a degree to sell for Sewell. After the job fair you will get an invite to a "informational". All of the general managers of the org will be at this informational. This is basically a meet and greet. Then comes an on campus interview with 2 GM's. Then, if you pass, you will take an aptitude test. Then, if you pass, you will be invited to 2 locations to interview on site. Then, if they like you, you will be offered a position. You MUST pass a drug test before your first day. Then they drug test randomly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you have won a competition   View Answer
    No negotiation. Offered 60k salary guarenteed for 1 year with free car, free gas and free insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sewell Automotive in November 2010.

Exceptional communication process! Originally interviewed with their main HR person on a Friday afternoon for a quick phone interview and she offered to pass my information along to the hiring manager and that I would here something next week. Five minutes after hanging up with her, I received a call from said hiring manager and he invited me in the following Thursday. I arrived at 9:30am and was interviewed by 4 different individuals from all aspects of the dealer over the next 2 hours. All were very positive and seemed to care just as much that I was there as I did. I was sent for their employee testing/screening which took ~2 hours and was told afterwards I would know something in 24-48hrs. I received a phone call that afternoon around 4pm asking me to return to the dealer which lead to a conditional offer. Overall the process was great. They are big on making sure you're family is as much on board as you are with the company, because they hire looking for long term employees. I can say it was by far my best interviewing experience with any company and I would still say that had they not offered me employment.

Sales Associate Interview

One interview, personality test to find your strengths and how they match up with the roles of salesperson. Personable interview that is not very intimidating, trying to figure out who you are as a person. They want quality people with good values.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really technical...hardest question for me was Why here and why sales.   Answer Question