Seyfarth Shaw

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.6

Office Services Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in October 2014.

I applied mid-Sept and contacted for a phone interview the following week. Contacted again for a face to face the next week with who the recruiter said was the hiring manager.

The interview was more like a conversation. I told him about my experience in law firms and he seemed extremely interested. That was 10/8. No call nor email from the firm so I sent a follow up email to the recruiter on 10/20. No call nor follow up UNTIL yesterday, 10/30, requesting a second interview with the Operations Manager.

Let me guess, the person they originally chose failed the background? They didn't like it and quit? Plus I thought the hiring manager was who interviewed me first? The recruiter also kept referring to me by the wrong name in the emails which was annoying! How professional is it to get a candidate's name wrong more than once? I'm not desperate; I emailed back and told her I was no longer interested in the position. That was too much for a job (mail/duplicating) that will be outsourced eventually!

National Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in August 2012.

Contacted almost immediately after applying for position, which gave me good hope but interview with billing department personnel was less than friendly. The human resources staff was cordial but the billing department could work on being nicer to applicants.

Immigration Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in September 2011.

they allowed me to do a video interview first, since I was looking at taking a job out of state. so that was great. one of the things that set them apart from all other immigration practices I've had experience with, is their focus on, and utilization of logistics to streamline their casework processes and create efficiencies. I was excited to talk to them about that and get a better understanding of how it would affect a paralegal role.

Interview Questions
    • unfortunately, I was looking for a new job in the hopes of decreasing my overtime. during the interview, they made it clear that they did expect a good deal of overtime hours. so I had to turn the job down. otherwise, I was very impressed with them, as an employer   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in July 2011.

From the lack of communication to the drawn out 4+ month process, skip this firm and apply elsewhere. The corporate team is ok, but only because it has a solid leader. Everyone. Yes everyone else at the firm is awful, even if you don't realize their true colors until months later. This was a waste of time and an embarrassment to my legal career and the legal community. Clients should run too.

Interview Questions
    Easy, as they were desperate for good talent, regardless of what they tell you.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in March 2010.

I got the interview after a recruiter contacted me. It took almost two months to set the interview up. I interviewed with a partner, an of counsel, a senior associate, and a junior associate. The interview was fairly straightforward: whey Seyfarth, why do you want to leave your current firm, what are the projects you are working on now, etc. The last interview was with the senior associate, who completely mailed it in by asking me to ask questions for the entire time, claiming that the other interviewers probably already asked the relevant questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was the interviewer who grilled me on the details of a particular project I was discussing.   Answer Question