Seyfarth Shaw

Relevance Date Difficulty

Immigration Paralegal Interview

Immigration Paralegal
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in September 2011.

Interview Details – they allowed me to do a video interview first, since I was looking at taking a job out of state. so that was great. one of the things that set them apart from all other immigration practices I've had experience with, is their focus on, and utilization of logistics to streamline their casework processes and create efficiencies. I was excited to talk to them about that and get a better understanding of how it would affect a paralegal role.

Interview Question – unfortunately, I was looking for a new job in the hopes of decreasing my overtime. during the interview, they made it clear that they did expect a good deal of overtime hours. so I had to turn the job down. otherwise, I was very impressed with them, as an employer   Answer Question

National Billing Coordinator Interview

National Billing Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in August 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted almost immediately after applying for position, which gave me good hope but interview with billing department personnel was less than friendly. The human resources staff was cordial but the billing department could work on being nicer to applicants.

Interview Question – Not question so much as attitude.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Associate Attorney
Washington, DC

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in March 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview after a recruiter contacted me. It took almost two months to set the interview up. I interviewed with a partner, an of counsel, a senior associate, and a junior associate. The interview was fairly straightforward: whey Seyfarth, why do you want to leave your current firm, what are the projects you are working on now, etc. The last interview was with the senior associate, who completely mailed it in by asking me to ask questions for the entire time, claiming that the other interviewers probably already asked the relevant questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was the interviewer who grilled me on the details of a particular project I was discussing.   Answer Question

Worked for Seyfarth Shaw? Contribute to the Community!