Shaklee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaklee.

Interview Details – Invited for interview. Starts 30 minutes late, and is composed of 3 individuals - the QE manager, HR manager and another individual. The HR manager came in 10 minutes after interview started and kept leaving room (this combined with the fact it started 30 minutes late is a clear indication that you should get up and leave, instead of waiting). As a result, he missed out on most of the interview. The questions asked were standard - strengths, weaknesses, etc.

The next step would have been to have an interview with the QE manager and another QE head, however I didn't make it that far. I am a recent college graduate, so technical questions were not asked. No riddles were asked.

The position required around 40% or so travel.

Interview Question – What is your ideal work environment?   View Answer

Independent Contractor On-Site Interview

Independent Contractor On-Site
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Shaklee in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring was fast, easy, and pleasant:
I went through a staffing agency, from there I was connected to a Human Resources personnel at Shaklee, we spoke a few times and exchanged emails. I then spoke over the phone with the Supervisor, and I was then asked to come in by HR. I arrived, I interviewed once in person, and after another phone call by HR, I had an offer for a contract via email.

Interview Question – Everything was very straightforward, no b.s. - at least not with H.R. nor my Supervisor; whom I won't name since it will let you know who I was there.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Again, this was straightforward, explained in advance, and after 1 conversation about working there, I got a call/email the following day with an offer after my interview.

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Shaklee.

Interview Details – I found the entire process to be straightforward. I had a number of interviews, but they did a good job of putting them all together on two days for me. I was surprised and impressed that the CEO interviewed me, too. I was interviewed by a number of relatively new employees and some employees who had been there a long time.

Interview Question – Since Shaklee is a direct selling company I was asked some questions about any experience I had with the industry. I didn't have any and it wasn't a critical factor in the end. I wasn't expected to know the details of the direct selling industry. We learned that on the job.   Answer Question

Independent Distributor Interview

Independent Distributor
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shaklee in July 2009.

Interview Details – You can become a distributor by buying a product kit!

Interview Question – There were no questions!   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Hayward, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Shaklee in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the people in the R&D lab. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. The questions asked of me were mainly about the job and my skills relevant to the job I am applying for.

Interview Question – Are you legally authorized to work in the US?   View Answer

International Product Manager Interview

International Product Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Shaklee.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by email to set up an interview. Had a 1:1 interview for about an hour covering what the company needed. I followed up with questions about what type of employee they were looking for.

Interview Question – I was surprised to learn that I was being considered for a director position, not a manager position.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Distributor Interview

Distributor

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Shaklee in January 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke with my Business Leader and was very impressed with what Shaklee has to offer me as a Stay-at-Home Mom wanting to make an income and work from home while raising my 1.5 yr old. Interview was a quick phone call, then follow-up webinar. Very informative & swift process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Shaklee?   View Answer
  • What do you want out of a home-based business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. No pressure sales. You create your own goals at Shaklee. :)

Worked for Shaklee? Contribute to the Community!