Shands at the University of Florida

Shands at the University of Florida Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.5

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida.

Interview

Apply on UF website. Get call from HR, where they schedule an interview with hospital. Interview. I applied to multiple jobs at UF Health Shands. One interview was actually a group interview with the staff RNs. It was the morning, and it was the end of their 12 hour night shift. I had never heard of a group interview, the RNs looked tired, and they didn't really know what to ask. Awkward...in retrospect, should have made them laugh and just befriended them.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida.

Interview

Interview was one on one. Most questions were situational (if this happened, what would you do?) Describe how to do different technical skills of a CNA. What hours can you work? Etc.

Interview Questions

• If you've seen an error at work, how did you handle it and how did you make things right?   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant CSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on line in May. Shands had a freeze that began in June I didn't get called back until july. The whole process takes about a month from the time you get called for an interview until u start. Shands Is great on second chances so tell the truth on your application. If you have a charge tell them because they'll find out anyway. They do both a local and federal background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I needed a full time job so I didn't care what the pay was. But I did start at the top pay grade so I'm happy. It's easier to get hired if you know someone already employed here. Or call and find it the hiring manager for the flood you're applying for I've applied since 2005 and this is the first time I got a call back.

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida in May 2014.

Interview

Mainly personal questions, such as why the candidate chose this profession, how you see yourself in 5 years, how well you work with others, how you handle the work stress, what your biggest mistake was and how you get over it, tell something bothers you, what you can offer no one can offer, your preference about work alone or as a team member, and/or about your strength and weakness.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screen initiated with Recruitment Manager about a week after I applied through their online application process on their website. The recruitment person was very friendly and easy to get a hold of. I was not offered the job and the representative informed me by leaving me a voice mail on my cell phone.

Interview Questions

• The interview question I didn't anticipate was .."What is your pet peeve?".   Answer Question

Support Tech (Unit Clerk) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida.

Interview

Apply online. Can do a max of 5 applications per day. Get a call and show up for the interview. Interview process is usually 1:1. Just so you know your job responsibilities maybe much much more than they initially tell you that they will be. You have to get a PPD test every year (to check for tuberculosis). When you are offered a job you have to do like 2 days of training.

Interview Questions

• My first interview was easy. How many hours can you work? Do you have any experience with medical terminology? A separate interview: Behavioral questions. They use your past behaviour to extrapolate how you will behave in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR calls you and tells you the max they can offer with the degree of experience you have. You don't negotiate with the interviewer. HR calls you later to tell you if you got the job.

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for the day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shands at the University of Florida in April 2011.

Interview

Contacted by phone for a 5 minute interview with HR, then moved to the in person interview. It was a group interview with 8 men, the interview took place in the basement and in a very small room with just enough space to walk pass them while they were sitting down. They had my resume in hand and one by one they asked me every detail from my resume. Make sure you know all abbreviated hardware and software applications and how you used them. Interview lasted 5 minutes.