Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts in December 2014.

Interview

It is very long. My interview was 2 hours !! Besides, it was Friday night. I could guess how working style was. I cant believe it !! It is very far to get there. but you can take a shuttle bus. It is difficult to find the entrance , so it is better to go there a bit earlier.

Interview Questions

• about my experiences, reason for applying, what you could bring etc   1 Answer

Banquet Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

Hiring consisted of applying by emailing resume, then scheduling for interview. The interview was brief. The interviewer looked like he was more interested in looks rather than academic background. I was hired on the spot. What we didn't like was the fact that this hotel does not hire rank-and-file employees direct but through recruitment companies so that it can go around the labor laws in terms of employment security and employees benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is your perception of EDSA Shangri-la Hotel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as the offer was to take it or leave it.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)).

Interview

First interview: HR Ass. Manager, Second interview: HR Director and Department Manager/Division Head. Third interview: General Manager. Very thorough interview with attention to what the applicant is saying. It's definitely not a "follow a set number of questions on a paper" type of interview. They care for the applicant's motivation vs. experience. They hite for attitude.

Interview Questions

• How to respond to the argument that they believed the applican't needed more knowledge about the country and culture the hotel is located in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be you and be honest, they definitely care and take the time to do what they can for you. They are also very efficient and quick in communicating with you.

Corporate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

1) Expect a phone call to arrange for an interview day and time in the next 2 weeks 2) Email will be sent to you within the next 3 days to confirm interview day and time 3) Normal face-to-face interview with HR head 4) Nothing extremely unexpected, very normal but casual interview to get to know you better

Interview Questions

• Not really, but slightly unexpected - Tell me what you know about the hotel/hospitality industry   Answer Question

Front Office Interview

Interview

Firstly, there is a face to face Interview with HR officer, asking basic questions like self introduction, why do you apply this job, etc. And then there will be a written test and a listening test to test your English and Mandarin level. If you passed the above mentioned interview and test, you will go to see the department head.

I'm Just A Trainee Until Now Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kathmandu (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Kathmandu (Nepal)) in March 2012.

Interview

I gave my intreview through skype and after that i came malaysia and again face the HR and been qualified but it was a good experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you fall in love and have babies ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go ahead give your best and see the result its infront of you. Never give up.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Taipei (Taiwan)) in August 2011.

Interview

super easy submitted resume online got a quick call, scheduled a time came in, the manager conducted a random chit chat about your life and background, what the job duties will look like, it sounded more like a get to know you better conversation and that was it

Interview Questions

• where you live, how's your language ability, what your parents do, horoscope..   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2010.

Interview

nothing special just answer what the question they given to you

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Being contacted from HR department. Received emails for the timing of interview. Received the three phone interviews in Working department and HR.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason why you should work in this company?   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts in May 2010.

Interview

Apply through on line or submit CV to HR in person, HR will arrange an interview with relevant Service Manager for technical evaluation, On selection Director will conduct the second phase of interview, on selection HR will summarize the performance and offer you with the offer letter

I got better offer in my hands