Share Our Strength Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Share Our Strength

Director Role Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength.

Interview

An executive recruiter contacted me, then connected me with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very nice, but seemed very flustered and disorganized... We never spoke with any internal HR members. The hiring manager showed strong interest, but then did not respond after two weeks. She then responded that they had given an offer. I suspect that they already had a candidate in mind and had to demonstrate that they interviewed other candidates as part of procedure... It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions that stood out, perhaps because she was still a bit unclear as to the role she was recruiting for. Much of the conversation seemed as if she was sourcing some ideas...   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by a number of employees who were friendly and committed to their jobs. Some employees asked thoughtful and good questions regarding ideas and plans for the position. Seemed by the interviews that the work culture could be chaotic and couldn't get a good sense on why it was structured that way.

Interview Questions

• Who would be a good spokesperson for the organization?   1 Answer

Grant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Share Our Strength in May 2008.

Interview

I participated in an initial phone screening interview, followed by several increasingly detailed in person interviews and a short face-to-face with the CEO. The questions were primarily straightforward, behavioral questions. There was an emphasis on relevance of my experience to hunger issues. The staff I interviewed wtih, including the CEO, were extremely gracious and friendly. After the in-person interviews, I didn't hear from them again and shortly after received an offer for a different position, which I took.