ShareFile Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
8 interviews

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ShareFile.

Still have the look of a start up but have the overhead of a great company. The interview process was very laid back. The itinerary did not match who I was interviewed with and 2 of the 3 stated that they were told to conduct the interview and they did not know what they are doing. But anyway, I never heard back from them and really wished they did not waste my time if they were not going to take this serious. I hope best for ShareFile the best but it looks like they need a lot of work.

Corporate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ShareFile in December 2013.

I was referred by another associate and applied online. They had a 4 hour long group interview where they spoke about Sharefile, let us talk with 2 of their employees one on one, took us to lunch, had us get on the phones and call businesses, and did 2 one on ones with managers

Interview Questions
    • Probably just being nervous about getting on the phones for the first time.   Answer Question
    the base I didn't need to negotiate. The commissions are great and no caps

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at ShareFile.

I applied on LinkedIn. The interviewer for the initial phone interview called me 10 minutes late. This is an unacceptable practice. 'Niki' did not offer an explanation or apology for her disregard for my time (I currently work and had scheduled my lunch break earlier for this).

The interviewer read off a script and decided to correct how I said 'Sharefile' in a curt and condescending manner. She thought I said 'Sharepoint'?? I corrected her on this and she just mocked me under her breath.

I have done many phone interviews, one for a bigger company than Citrix whom I worked for for two years and none of them have been as unprofessional, rude and robotic as this.

I have zero interest in working for this company after this experience. I value professionalism, respect and sincerity. 'Niki' has none of the above and quite obviously does not care about her behavior as a representative of her employer.

Interview Questions
    • You have to go to a hiring 'event to hobnob with their sales team and managers, and then 'maybe' you will get picked. I understand they hire college grads and this is probably a great first job, however for someone like me who is 30 years old with a lot of experience under their belt I would think they could skip the meat market aspect.

The description of the job on their site is nothing like the description she offered. Everything was unexpected. Mandatory sales Quotas is an outdated system. I expected more from a fast growing 'young' company. I will be staying in my current position.
        Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at ShareFile in February 2013.

I had an in person interview. The interview was much easier than anticipated. I was surprised. Having been through some difficult interviews, it was a relief. Seemed like a good office and good people. I feel that I did well. During the interview, I was asked to write a simple example of some code to accomplish a specific task using any language that I'd like. I did good, though goofed on one simple thing for whatever reason.. After the in person interview, I was asked to do a code exercise consuming their API and creating a UI based on a mockup they provide to you. I completed this exercise and sent it back to them. Did well, however, they very likely expect you to execute a JS function that was included in the API response, which is the one thing I left off. After sending back the exercise, I did not hear back from them for many months. When I finally did, they declined. I know I wasn't perfect, but felt that I should have landed the position.

Associate Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Applied on LinkedIn was contacted about 1 week after and set up an initial phone screen.

The recruiter called me 7 minutes after our meeting time. Very poor first impression of the company. She asked me what about the position was appealing. After that she asked me about what I was looking for in my next position. After explaining what I was looking for, it clearly wasn't a fit for either side. I was told for this position 150 calls a day/min and working hours are 8:30-7:30pm 5 days a week.

Interview Questions
    • If it really is a position that has 150+calls daily and working hours are 8:30-7:30 5 days a week, I would think that information should be on the position summary. It also wouldn't waste anyone's time and would help the recruiter(s) in contacting individuals who are willing to work in that environment.   Answer Question

Corporate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ShareFile in February 2013.

I applied to a job posting on Linked in and followed up with the poster, who contacted me within a week to set a date for a phone interview. This was really just a screening to see how knowledgeable I was about the cloud technology industry, how I sounded on the phone (for inside sales) and how interested I was in the job. If you sound enthusiastic and do some research on the product then getting short-listed isn't difficult.

The in-person portion was an all day event including 2 face to face interviews and a Q & A with new sales reps. The most difficult part of the process was the cold calling portion. You are thrown on the phones and asked to call real customers and try and book product demos so they can further evaluate your ability to communicate on the phone.

Other than that, all the managers are extremely straight forward and the interviews themselves were just a conversation. To get the job, you need to make the managers like you and you need to be prepared. Come with pre-written questions in a notepad and a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • There are really no curve-ball questions. On the phone interview I was asked what kitchen utensil I would be but I think this is just to gauge how fast you react to a strange question.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ShareFile in March 2012.

The recruiter contacted me using social media and was outgoing as well as accommodating. As with any interview, she verified the salary range was a match. She set up an on-site interview after the initial phone interview and then I interviewed with 3 people within a 2 hour period. The questions were detailed and thorough really probing my personality, abilities, experience and skills as well as ensuring a customer-centric approach to support. Each person warmly transitioned me to the next person and proved extremely professional. I gather this experience is the same positive experience customers receive and hope to receive an offer to join the team. This seems like a company where employees can grow, contribute to the overall company success and be valued for their contribution.

Interview Questions
    • Rather than enter the specific questions, I'd rather those interviewing have their own experience. My answers will likely be different from the answers of others and would prefer not to give any preconceived notions about the questions. Just know you will not be asked any questions you would feel uncomfortable answering. I would recommend not scripting responses to possible questions you've searched online. Be yourself, give specific examples and be honest.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at ShareFile in November 2011.

The person interviewing me was very rude and treated me like a child. I have interviewed many different places both in person and on the phone, and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had. When I was talking about my internship experience, my interviewer admonished me, saying I should have done something better. Then, when I asked him to repeat a question, he then talked down to me. Over the course of the interview his tone grew more and more harsh and condescending towards me. The conversation ended with him saying I would not be a good fit, which I agreed with. It's okay because I only applied to get more interview practice, it looks like a terrible place to work. They seem to think they are a 'fun' company because they have Nerf guns and corn hole, when in all honesty it just looks like a depressing call center.

Interview Questions

Worked for ShareFile? Contribute to the Community!