ShareThis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShareThis in December 2013.

Interview Details – Three rounds: 1) Senior engineer, 2) CTO, 3) SVP. No "IQ test" type questions, but rather a qualitative review of past projects and match with current needs. Everyone encountered seemed reasonable, and CTO in particular seemed quite intelligent. The sequence of interviews varied from that originally described, probably in response to a new possible match for my skill set. Prior to the interview, interviewers had researched my background from other sources than my resume.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult, but inquiries about work style and commute preferences   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Data Engineer

Interviewed at ShareThis

Interview Details – Overall the process was excellent with prompt feedback which is more than I can say about some of the other places I interviewed. Initial meeting was casual to determine common interests, followed by an onsite all day interview. I interviewed with 6 people, most of the questions were usual programming/architecture questions. A few questions on debugging mapreduce jobs, design on meta data store for hive, autocomplete for search queries.

Interview Question – How would you design metadata for hive   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ShareThis.

Interview Details – A Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. He was very responsive and short, which is rare. I had conversation with him and then 2 technical interviews onsite. One with the whole team and another with the manager and CTO.

As a whole the process was fast and straightforward.

Interview Question – Questions were not very difficult: Java and javascript related.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ShareThis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ShareThis interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by ShareThis employees and interview candidates.