Sharp HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very professional and very to the point everyone was so very nice and was highlighting my abilities to be able to preform the job. The job itself is my dream job and to be able to get in with this company was a great blessing.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare.

Interview

Typical panel interview with team members from different levels and departments. They ask you multiple questions regarding the job and some other general questions. The questions usually rotate between different individual of whom have different experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your strength and one about your weakness.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare.

Interview

An initial telephone interview. Interviewer/hiring manager was 45 minutes late and explained he was in a meeting. After some introductory general questions and trying to find out more about the position because the online job description was very vague, the interviewer told me I was too "technical" to be a systems analyst. He basically wanted someone that was not technical which I'm not sure how effective you can be as good systems analyst without having technical knowledge. Manager was very green and after the phone interview I withdrew my submission for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about adding a new field to a web form based on customer's requirements?   Answer Question

Director of Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview with the recruiter (via LinkedIn connection), followed by an in-person interview with hiring manager, then another in-person interview with hiring manager and his boss, and finally two panel interviews with peers and staff. Then Sharp conducted a background check, drug screen, and professional reference checks with my most recent supervisor, peer, and employee. Finally, they conducted a full physical exam, wrapping up this very thorough pre-employment process. The entire process took 11 weeks from initial phone screen to first day on the job. I had to order a replacement copy of my Social Security card because they require a physical card at orientation. All in all, my interview "experience" at Sharp was very positive throughout!

Interview Questions

• Describe your typical process used for strategic sourcing in healthcare.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a decision where the result turned out to be negative, and what would you have done differently if you had the opportunity?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since the recruiter had discussed the salary range in the beginning, there were no surprises. Fortunately, the benefits package is exhaustive.

Interview

Submitted an on line employment application, had a phone interview with the hiring manager, interviewed with hiring manager and one other, references were checked by them, went for a panel interview with three people from corporate office. Waiting for offer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare.

Interview

Panel Interviews can be intimidating. That being said be prepared for the typical interview questions as well as some expert throwing you in a situational question. Also, the typical, " how did you handle a difficult situation with disagreeing with your manager. what was the toughest project you have worked on.

Medical Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare.

Interview

I was hired during my externship for the MLT program, so I was evaluated while a student as a result I did not require an interview. It was all fell at the exact time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth.

Hospital Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviews will take place during one full day. Multiple staff pharmacists will interview and all of the managers will interview the candidate. Occasionally they will open the interview to a larger group of pharmacists to decide on the candidate, if that is necessary.

Negotiation

Over a phone call, pretty casual.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sharp HealthCare.

Interview

Applied online and received call from hiring manager 2 weeks later. Had a VERY positive interview. Made me feel like I got the job. Manager said she would definitely call me back by the end of next week regarding decision. Waited 2 weeks..no call back. Called and left message with hiring manager for status. AGAIN, no call back. VERY RUDE!!

Interview Questions

• If you were the hiring manager for this job; what characteristics and experience would you look for in a candidate?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Very annoying process took about a month from the day I applied to get a phone interview and then had a panel interview a week later and they said they would let me know by the end of the second week if I would get it or not and instead of getting a curtesy email or call saying I didn't I never heard back from them. Very unprofessional. I would understand if they had never interviewed me but because they actually said they were going to let me know and they didn't was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• If your boss were to describe you what would they say about you?   Answer Question