Sharp Laboratories

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Communication Systems Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sharp Laboratories in June 2008.

I applied for a contract position with the possibility of revolving the contract. The initial position was for 9 months and this is my third year with the company. There is a shortage of highly qualified researchers in the area and therefore the company tends to keep good talents. The interview process was easier comparing to my other interviews. I did not present my PhD thesis and other projects to the group. Instead everyone int the group talked with me about my background and my expectation from the job.

Interview Questions
The negotiation was very intense since I was applying as a contractor. There are no benefits for the contractors therefore the only option for negotiation was the hourly rate.