Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Calgary, AB

2.5

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone call in the evening with question like how much do you expect?

TSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview requiring you to work in groups of 3 and then 6 to select an order for survival items. At first you decide within your group, and then a few items are removed and two groups are merged and the same decisions are made. Afterwards you are given three individual interviews with pretty standard, uninspired behavioral questions asking for examples of what you have done in such and such a situation.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty standard behavioral questions. "Give me an example of a time when you..." I can't remember specifically, but basically it's an EASY interview. Just show up dressed well enough and articulate your point with confidence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Be prepared to wait up to 6+ weeks for your actual start date, and don't expect any interim communication from Shaw themselves. Manpower will do their best to keep you informed, but most of the time they're just waiting to hear from Shaw.

Leadership Development Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

After three phone interviews I was flown into the headquarters in Calgary for a panel interviews. I made a presentation & 6 people interviewed me in panel & in person. That was the end of it. No contact since then, not a single email or phone call suggesting I didn't get selected. Not even reply to my emails. More so, I got charged for the hotel I stayed in when the understanding was the company would cover the cost of my travel and lodging. How bizarre.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Vancouver? It is very expensive city to live in   Answer Question

Test Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

There is no structure here it depends on who you meet. I had a one hour interview based on the job description. However the new manager has been know to keep candidates for 5 hours !! Even though 1hour was scheduled

Negotiation

I asked for a number they offered 5% lower

Manager, Business Improvement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Internal position. Two days' notice of interview, no interview prep provided. No interest in technical knowledge/skills, only interested in HR abilities. One-hour TAR interview with 12-15 questions. No expectation of manager to be able to understand underlings' work.

Interview Questions

• All standard TAR questions. Nothing unexpected, except that no technical knowledge was probed.   Answer Question

Circuit Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Initial interview by Manager and /or senior staff, 2nd pass- team interview, 3rd pass - Sr Manager/Director.

Interview Questions

• basics of IP networks, optics technology dwdm, cwdm, sonet, questions about leadership skills, dealing with other people, conflicts with co-workers   Answer Question

Delivery Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

Some of the interview questions:

- Tell me about yourself.
    - describe a situation where a project you managed failed, reasons, and what you have done to overcome the challenges.
    - did you have to deal with difficult team member?
    - what are your strengths?
    - what is your experience in process improvement?

I felt like one hour was not enough given the scope of the position, I always feel that the phone interviews done by the recruitment guys are waste of time if not accompanied by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with difficult team member.   Answer Question
    • Describe failed project that you managed.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was performed by ManPower - a HR consulting firm. They took time to ask you about your previous experience and future goals. Once this was complete, they sent you an online call centre assessment where they simulated the call centre experience at Shaw. Once this was complete, they sent you to the office for a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview. Most of the questions were about your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotiable

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

A first interview was a phone call from an HR personell which were basic IT questions. The second interview was with the hiring manager and it was basically about how you handle situations at work and with your colleagues and a run through your resume as well as a few technical question.

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and got a call next week. Had interview with HR by phone, standard questions. Had a second phone call with manager similar questions as HR more questions abut previous jobs and experience.
    3rd interview with Group face to face technical questions (what if..?) received offer same day.

Negotiation

Entry-level position, no negotiation was done.