Shaw Communications

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Services Representative Interview

Technical Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview Details – Group interview session prior to actually having a one-on-one interview for the TSR role. You are put in a group of 8+ people and observed to see if you stand-out or appear to fit the 'Shaw family'. After which you are contacted back for a one-one-one , if proven successful, and asked numerous technical questions regarding prior experience.

Interview Question – What steps do you take in handing an irate customer?   Answer Question

Technical Service Representative Interview

Technical Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Communications in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online through Manpower. Had a quick phone call interview with Manpower, followed by an online behavioral and technical question session (Nothing too technical or hard for people that learn very quickly and have good high school math skills) then a face to face with Manpower about two days later. Quickly received an email that I was being booked for an interview session at Shaw's offices and I was going for the Technical Support position.

At Shaw, I was placed in one of two interview groups that each had three people. We had group activities first, then we were interviewed individually by 3 separate Shaw recruiters, all on Situational and Response questions with emphasis on basing your answer on a previous personal experience.

Interview Question – Give an example of how pitched an idea to your manager on changing a process already in place at the company.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

TSR Interview

TSR
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Shaw Communications in March 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview requiring you to work in groups of 3 and then 6 to select an order for survival items. At first you decide within your group, and then a few items are removed and two groups are merged and the same decisions are made. Afterwards you are given three individual interviews with pretty standard, uninspired behavioral questions asking for examples of what you have done in such and such a situation.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty standard behavioral questions. "Give me an example of a time when you..." I can't remember specifically, but basically it's an EASY interview. Just show up dressed well enough and articulate your point with confidence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Be prepared to wait up to 6+ weeks for your actual start date, and don't expect any interim communication from Shaw themselves. Manpower will do their best to keep you informed, but most of the time they're just waiting to hear from Shaw.

Call Center Tier I Interview

Call Center Tier I
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shaw Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details – They take you to this big room, where 3 interviewers will tag team on you, but first you participate in this group activity with other 5 candidates, in order to check how you interact with other people and also profile your personality.
The "game" was to divide us in 2 groups of 3 people and from a list of 10 items, come to a consensus of what 5 would we consider the top priorities to have if lost in the woods.
After, comes a 3 part interview with each of the managers, one seems to be Human Resources, other technical approach and the last one customer service, they will ask you questions from past work experience, then your own skills and finally questions about, how would you act if...
It's a grueling and boring thing, the questions are obviously intertwined so they can get a picture of your consistency and how stable you are, at the end of each round they all sit together and confer their notes.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to defend a client's interest and the company's at the same time.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Customer Solutions Expert
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Communications in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was performed by ManPower - a HR consulting firm. They took time to ask you about your previous experience and future goals. Once this was complete, they sent you an online call centre assessment where they simulated the call centre experience at Shaw. Once this was complete, they sent you to the office for a second round of interviews.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions during the interview. Most of the questions were about your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was non-negotiable

Shaw Business Sales Interview

Shaw Business Sales
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Shaw Communications in April 2011.

Interview Details – Group behavioral interview process.

Interview Question – How would you best describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - here's what we pay. Take it or leave it.

Engineering/Computer Science Co-op Interview

Engineering/Computer Science Co-op

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview Details – Phone interview.
Main focus was on soft skills, past work experience and related problems encountered during past work.
No or little technical questions.

Interview Question – Which department would you like to work with?   Answer Question

Systems Architect Interview

Systems Architect
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Shaw Communications in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call in the evening with question like how much do you expect?

Interview Question – What do you know about us   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview Details – It look a while more than a couple of months to get a call.. Face to Face interview with one of the team leads.. simple questions and scenarios based questions.. nothing that technical

Interview Question – Questions are easy and pretty much straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No chance of negotiations...

Test Lead Interview

Test Lead
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Shaw Communications in July 2013.

Interview Details – There is no structure here it depends on who you meet. I had a one hour interview based on the job description. However the new manager has been know to keep candidates for 5 hours !! Even though 1hour was scheduled

Negotiation Details – I asked for a number they offered 5% lower

Worked for Shaw Communications? Contribute to the Community!