Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.6

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Manpower takes the initial interview to test your behavior and personality, followed by final interview at SHAW to test knowledge and skills. There are tons of behavioral questions starting from "tell me about a time..." etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were not able to deliver to expectations, if you had another chance how would you deal with the situation differently?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Communications in July 2014.

Interviewed first by Manpower and then called in for an interview at Shaw-Mississauga office. 1st round was a team exercise with 6 team members each given a list of survival items to rank as a team incase of a hypothetical lost in the woods scenario, while 6 supervisors judged our every move and utterance. This was pretty easy and its best not to be competitive but to be helpful to other team members while being assertive. 2nd round was with 3 supervisors each taking turns to interview you in person with basic behavioral and situation based customer service related questions.

No negotiation.

Technical Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Group interview session prior to actually having a one-on-one interview for the TSR role. You are put in a group of 8+ people and observed to see if you stand-out or appear to fit the 'Shaw family'. After which you are contacted back for a one-one-one , if proven successful, and asked numerous technical questions regarding prior experience.

Technical Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Communications in June 2014.

Applied for the position online through Manpower. Had a quick phone call interview with Manpower, followed by an online behavioral and technical question session (Nothing too technical or hard for people that learn very quickly and have good high school math skills) then a face to face with Manpower about two days later. Quickly received an email that I was being booked for an interview session at Shaw's offices and I was going for the Technical Support position.

At Shaw, I was placed in one of two interview groups that each had three people. We had group activities first, then we were interviewed individually by 3 separate Shaw recruiters, all on Situational and Response questions with emphasis on basing your answer on a previous personal experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how pitched an idea to your manager on changing a process already in place at the company.   Answer Question

TSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Shaw Communications in March 2014.

Group interview requiring you to work in groups of 3 and then 6 to select an order for survival items. At first you decide within your group, and then a few items are removed and two groups are merged and the same decisions are made. Afterwards you are given three individual interviews with pretty standard, uninspired behavioral questions asking for examples of what you have done in such and such a situation.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty standard behavioral questions. "Give me an example of a time when you..." I can't remember specifically, but basically it's an EASY interview. Just show up dressed well enough and articulate your point with confidence.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Be prepared to wait up to 6+ weeks for your actual start date, and don't expect any interim communication from Shaw themselves. Manpower will do their best to keep you informed, but most of the time they're just waiting to hear from Shaw.

Call Center Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Shaw Communications in May 2014.

They take you to this big room, where 3 interviewers will tag team on you, but first you participate in this group activity with other 5 candidates, in order to check how you interact with other people and also profile your personality.
    The "game" was to divide us in 2 groups of 3 people and from a list of 10 items, come to a consensus of what 5 would we consider the top priorities to have if lost in the woods.
    After, comes a 3 part interview with each of the managers, one seems to be Human Resources, other technical approach and the last one customer service, they will ask you questions from past work experience, then your own skills and finally questions about, how would you act if...
    It's a grueling and boring thing, the questions are obviously intertwined so they can get a picture of your consistency and how stable you are, at the end of each round they all sit together and confer their notes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to defend a client's interest and the company's at the same time.   View Answer

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Communications in November 2011.

The hiring process was performed by ManPower - a HR consulting firm. They took time to ask you about your previous experience and future goals. Once this was complete, they sent you an online call centre assessment where they simulated the call centre experience at Shaw. Once this was complete, they sent you to the office for a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions during the interview. Most of the questions were about your past experience.   Answer Question
    The salary was non-negotiable

Shaw Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Shaw Communications in April 2011.

Group behavioral interview process.

Interview Questions
    None - here's what we pay. Take it or leave it.

Engineering/Computer Science Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Phone interview.
    Main focus was on soft skills, past work experience and related problems encountered during past work.
    No or little technical questions.

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Shaw Communications in March 2014.

Phone call in the evening with question like how much do you expect?

Interview Questions

Worked for Shaw Communications? Contribute to the Community!