Shaw Communications
www.shaw.ca Calgary, Canada 5000+ Employees

Shaw Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Communications in September 2009.

Interview Details – The first point of contact is a phone interview, and you pass that then you get a group interview. The group interview has 2-3 Shaw supervisors asking questions to the group and you want to be the one that answers first. There is an assessment test at the end, and if they like you then you get your final interview one on one with 2 supervisors.

Interview Question – The assessment test have a few simple math questions, but the interview questions are all very generic. There is no right or wrong answer for the most part as long as you can support your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a base salary with commissions and bonuses.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shaw Communications in May 2013.

Interview Details – I heard about this position through an old friend who has worked for shaw for 2 years, I applied online and was contacted by a Receuiter from Manpower. I had a little mini interview over the phone, asking if I was available from Monday-Sunday 7am-11pm, what my pay expectancy was, and why I wanted to work for shaw. The call through me off guard and I felt I did terrible, but got an in person interview. When I met with the lady from Manpower, it felt a little unprofessional, she was bland.. Almost felt like she did not care. I then have my consent to a criminal record check. I was then told I would have a interview AT shaw the following Friday and would receive an email to confirm the details. Thursday afternoon.. And still no email. Once I reached out to Manpower I THEN received an email. Once I had my interview at shaw it got better. We started out with a group of 6 candidates playing games to see how we interacted with each other. I found this to be fun and a creative way to start and interview. From there we were put in separate rooms and the three interviewers took turns interviewing us with a three question compentency interview. That was intense and full of pressure, they like to dig into details. That is a good way to find people fit for the job tho. All in all the interview process was long and had its ups and downs. I was told I would be contacted by Manpower the following Monday or Tuesday with their decision. I was contacted Monday morning with a job offer.

Interview Question – Felt time crunched. Interviewers tried to turn your "experience example" into a bad situation to see how you would fix it. I tried to always come back to my customer service and problem solving skills. Similar questions asked by different interviewers, so try to use different senarios per questions because they colaberate at the end..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only time salary was discussed was at Manpower interview, no room for negotiation.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shaw Communications in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was a phone call from the CSR Supervisor and then an in person interview with the regional sales manager and the CSR supervisor. It was conducted in a casual manner and you are given more of a chance to describe your self and present your skills. There were no standardized questions Just open conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate initial wage. Start high to ensure max wage.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Communications in September 2011.

Interview Details – The head office that originally called left a very scattered message on answering machine. They were very confused as to what message they were leaving. I called back and and spent quite few minutes on hold. She had to review my application. They wanted to do an on the spot phone interview, and she was not very professional. Kind of sounded young and bored. Left a bad feeling like maybe i do not want to work there.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shaw Communications

Worked for Shaw Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shaw Communications Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shaw Communications employees and interview candidates.