Shaw Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Call Center Tier I Interview

Call Center Tier I
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shaw Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details – They take you to this big room, where 3 interviewers will tag team on you, but first you participate in this group activity with other 5 candidates, in order to check how you interact with other people and also profile your personality.
The "game" was to divide us in 2 groups of 3 people and from a list of 10 items, come to a consensus of what 5 would we consider the top priorities to have if lost in the woods.
After, comes a 3 part interview with each of the managers, one seems to be Human Resources, other technical approach and the last one customer service, they will ask you questions from past work experience, then your own skills and finally questions about, how would you act if...
It's a grueling and boring thing, the questions are obviously intertwined so they can get a picture of your consistency and how stable you are, at the end of each round they all sit together and confer their notes.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to defend a client's interest and the company's at the same time.   View Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview Details – It look a while more than a couple of months to get a call.. Face to Face interview with one of the team leads.. simple questions and scenarios based questions.. nothing that technical

Interview Question – Questions are easy and pretty much straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No chance of negotiations...

Very Easy Interview

Customer Support Technician Interview

Customer Support Technician
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview Details – I was called by Recruiter and done phone screening. Then, she told me to take an online test which last around 30 min.,. On that online test, there were little bit behavior and technical questions. After few days, recruiter called me to appear on face to face interview with a recruiter for that technical support job. That interview was last for 45 minutes. He asked me all sorts of question including technical and my last experiences. Next day, he called me and told me I got selected for the final interview at Shaw headquarter, Edmonton. They called 12 other selected people including me for conference interview as they told me. On that conference interview, they just asked us to give our opinion as they picked up some topics. They picked some topics which were not related to any customer support service. They just told to discuss few Shaw's company related images in current market. It was lasted around one hour and half. They told us they would inform us next week by phone which got selected. They never called me !!!! I worked as 3 years customer support technician on my previous job experience. I don't know where that interview gone as the way they took my interview. Actually, group panel interview is thumps down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Question – nothing   Answer Question

Worked for Shaw Communications? Contribute to the Community!