Shaw Communications

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.6

Planner Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shaw Communications.

You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!! You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make. That would not be popular. You apply, they call, you meet and they hire you or they don't. Really not much more to say on the subject!!!   Answer Question

Intermediate Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shaw Communications.

They called for phone screening a week ago and it went fine . The HR told that second round will be conducted. But I didn't receive any kind of response later. I don't know what to do at this point

yet to decide

Customer Service Representative Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shaw Communications in September 2014.

1st interview was on the phone and the second interview was a one on one and a group one as well. The 3rd interview was in person. They also had ice breakers with the 2 interviews in person. Helps to lighten the mood. Shaw would of been a great company to work for. Given an oppurtunity to work day time hours I would of accepted the job. They promote with in. Certainly a great place to work. Looks like the culture is positive.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you got the team to buy in to a new process   View Answer

Shift work...not interest in working until 11:00. PM

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Manpower takes the initial interview to test your behavior and personality, followed by final interview at SHAW to test knowledge and skills. There are tons of behavioral questions starting from "tell me about a time..." etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were not able to deliver to expectations, if you had another chance how would you deal with the situation differently?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications in July 2014.

Interviewed first by Manpower and then called in for an interview at Shaw-Mississauga office. 1st round was a team exercise with 6 team members each given a list of survival items to rank as a team incase of a hypothetical lost in the woods scenario, while 6 supervisors judged our every move and utterance. This was pretty easy and its best not to be competitive but to be helpful to other team members while being assertive. 2nd round was with 3 supervisors each taking turns to interview you in person with basic behavioral and situation based customer service related questions.

No negotiation.

Technical Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications.

Group interview session prior to actually having a one-on-one interview for the TSR role. You are put in a group of 8+ people and observed to see if you stand-out or appear to fit the 'Shaw family'. After which you are contacted back for a one-one-one , if proven successful, and asked numerous technical questions regarding prior experience.

Technical Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications in June 2014.

Applied for the position online through Manpower. Had a quick phone call interview with Manpower, followed by an online behavioral and technical question session (Nothing too technical or hard for people that learn very quickly and have good high school math skills) then a face to face with Manpower about two days later. Quickly received an email that I was being booked for an interview session at Shaw's offices and I was going for the Technical Support position.

At Shaw, I was placed in one of two interview groups that each had three people. We had group activities first, then we were interviewed individually by 3 separate Shaw recruiters, all on Situational and Response questions with emphasis on basing your answer on a previous personal experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how pitched an idea to your manager on changing a process already in place at the company.   Answer Question

Call Center Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shaw Communications in May 2014.

They take you to this big room, where 3 interviewers will tag team on you, but first you participate in this group activity with other 5 candidates, in order to check how you interact with other people and also profile your personality.
    The "game" was to divide us in 2 groups of 3 people and from a list of 10 items, come to a consensus of what 5 would we consider the top priorities to have if lost in the woods.
    After, comes a 3 part interview with each of the managers, one seems to be Human Resources, other technical approach and the last one customer service, they will ask you questions from past work experience, then your own skills and finally questions about, how would you act if...
    It's a grueling and boring thing, the questions are obviously intertwined so they can get a picture of your consistency and how stable you are, at the end of each round they all sit together and confer their notes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to defend a client's interest and the company's at the same time.   View Answer

Engineering/Computer Science Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Phone interview.
    Main focus was on soft skills, past work experience and related problems encountered during past work.
    No or little technical questions.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications.

It look a while more than a couple of months to get a call.. Face to Face interview with one of the team leads.. simple questions and scenarios based questions.. nothing that technical

Interview Questions
    No chance of negotiations...