Shaw Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.6

Junior Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shaw Communications in March 2013.

Contacted by the manager for first interview.

Manager, Business Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications in December 2012.

Internal position. Two days' notice of interview, no interview prep provided. No interest in technical knowledge/skills, only interested in HR abilities. One-hour TAR interview with 12-15 questions. No expectation of manager to be able to understand underlings' work.

Interview Questions
    • All standard TAR questions. Nothing unexpected, except that no technical knowledge was probed.   Answer Question

Service Technician/CATV Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shaw Communications in October 2012.

apply on company website, received call for first face to face, one on one interview. one week after. received call back for second interview, which requires demonstration of physically fit to lift and operate on ladder followed by a two on one interview. received offer two weeks after second interview. driver abstract and background check is required.

not much room for negotiation as the rate is set by the union cba

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications.

I was called by Recruiter and done phone screening. Then, she told me to take an online test which last around 30 min.,. On that online test, there were little bit behavior and technical questions. After few days, recruiter called me to appear on face to face interview with a recruiter for that technical support job. That interview was last for 45 minutes. He asked me all sorts of question including technical and my last experiences. Next day, he called me and told me I got selected for the final interview at Shaw headquarter, Edmonton. They called 12 other selected people including me for conference interview as they told me. On that conference interview, they just asked us to give our opinion as they picked up some topics. They picked some topics which were not related to any customer support service. They just told to discuss few Shaw's company related images in current market. It was lasted around one hour and half. They told us they would inform us next week by phone which got selected. They never called me !!!! I worked as 3 years customer support technician on my previous job experience. I don't know where that interview gone as the way they took my interview. Actually, group panel interview is thumps down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Service Representative - Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications.

phone interview
    person interview
    group interview

Interview Questions
    • they will give a question like if a tech missed the appointment what can we do ?   View Answer

Circuit Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications.

Initial interview by Manager and /or senior staff, 2nd pass- team interview, 3rd pass - Sr Manager/Director.

Interview Questions
    • basics of IP networks, optics technology dwdm, cwdm, sonet, questions about leadership skills, dealing with other people, conflicts with co-workers   Answer Question

Outside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications in December 2011.

Process requires two in person interviews, usually over 1-4 weeks. Focus of questions relevant to job.

Interview Questions
    • First interview was done in a group which I found strange, the interviewer/ department manager and five applicants in a round table discussion where everyone answered questions in turn while 3 staff members recorded answers   Answer Question
    There was not one, the person interviewing was not orginised. Pay turned out to be good, however they make you sign a 6 month probation (instead of 3) and usually clean house 5-5 and 1/2 months in.

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Shaw Communications in November 2011.

Some of the interview questions:

- Tell me about yourself.
    - describe a situation where a project you managed failed, reasons, and what you have done to overcome the challenges.
    - did you have to deal with difficult team member?
    - what are your strengths?
    - what is your experience in process improvement?

I felt like one hour was not enough given the scope of the position, I always feel that the phone interviews done by the recruitment guys are waste of time if not accompanied by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with difficult team member.   Answer Question
    • Describe failed project that you managed.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications in November 2011.

The hiring process was performed by ManPower - a HR consulting firm. They took time to ask you about your previous experience and future goals. Once this was complete, they sent you an online call centre assessment where they simulated the call centre experience at Shaw. Once this was complete, they sent you to the office for a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions during the interview. Most of the questions were about your past experience.   Answer Question
    The salary was non-negotiable

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications in October 2011.

A first interview was a phone call from an HR personell which were basic IT questions. The second interview was with the hiring manager and it was basically about how you handle situations at work and with your colleagues and a run through your resume as well as a few technical question.