Shaw Communications Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.0

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call probably a little over a week after applying online. During that conversation I was immediately asked if I had time to speak regarding my application. I was actually recovering from being pretty sick but I said yes not knowing it would be an actual interview. He asked me some general questions like to name three things that makes a good sales representative and of course a situational question; asked me a time I went above and beyond to meet customers expectations. I was also asked to role play and try to sell the interviewer on the product of my choice. After the phone interview he stated I would be notified by email either way whether I would be continuing with the interview process or not.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities that you believe make a good sales representative?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shaw Communications

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications in October 2010.

Interview

2 people interviewed and asked stupid questions like "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?"

stupid questions

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

In person with reference checks. Bringing reference letters and knowing someone already employed was a big help. Shaw goes through a lot of employees so interviews are going on all of the time. Their induction process was quite thorough and well planned. The benefits is their most attractive part of the package and the company knows they don't pay as much as their competition but are fine with that. Prior to interviewing with Shaw have a look at what the investment community is saying about where they sit as a cable company as compared to the Telcos who are aggressively taking their business away.

Interview Questions

• How would you grow the base of customers in this area?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay scale for classification. Was able to be appointed to top end. A caution with Shaw is that their pay is considered low for the industry and it seems to be a training ground for the others like Bell and Telus to pick from. Another observation and a joke inside Shaw is that nobody seems retire from Shaw. They are shown the door well before that.