Shaw Communications Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Solutions Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications in April 2013.

Small phone interview. Then first interview with Manpower (HR). Background check. Second interview with two supervisors

Interview Questions
    • What strengths and weaknesses would you bring to your team and the work environment as a whole   Answer Question
    There was none

Service Technician/CATV Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shaw Communications in October 2012.

apply on company website, received call for first face to face, one on one interview. one week after. received call back for second interview, which requires demonstration of physically fit to lift and operate on ladder followed by a two on one interview. received offer two weeks after second interview. driver abstract and background check is required.

not much room for negotiation as the rate is set by the union cba

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications in September 2009.

The first point of contact is a phone interview, and you pass that then you get a group interview. The group interview has 2-3 Shaw supervisors asking questions to the group and you want to be the one that answers first. There is an assessment test at the end, and if they like you then you get your final interview one on one with 2 supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment test have a few simple math questions, but the interview questions are all very generic. There is no right or wrong answer for the most part as long as you can support your answers.   Answer Question
    There is a base salary with commissions and bonuses.

Technical Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Communications in July 2009.

Applied Online.
    Phone Call and Phone Interview. 15 mins
    Group Interview. 1 hour . 10 people. 2 Interviewers.
    1:1 Interview. 2 Interviewers. 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a customer was upset with service/products and how you were able to satisfy them   View Answer
    There was no negotiation it was a set hourly rate.

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Shaw Communications in February 2009.

Initially I applied for the position online, I then was left a voicemail message about the career fair. I printed out the same information used online and then brought it with me to the career fair. There was well over 200 people waiting in the lobby. After a few hours went by, myself and the next few people in line were taken by elevator to another floor, and asked to fill out a one page application. The application was then held onto and I waited in another line for 1:1 interviews.

Interviewees in line were asked again when they were brought to the front of the line which job they were applying for and had to wait to be interviewed by someone from that department. Up to this point, other than the wait, things were very professional.

So the first interview was with someone from the department selected on the application. Several questions were asked which are typical of call centers, mainly regarding availability and scheduling. In addition some job specific questions in which a scenario was presented were asked (in my opinion to check that you know what you are interviewing for.)

The first interview concluded, felt somewhat rushed, but justified in the amount of people interviewing (about 5 minutes per person), I was then scheduled for a second interview.

The second interview was for the following week. The second interview was somewhat more stress inducing, as it also felt rushed, but was significantly longer. Two employees (management or supervisory staff for the department) performed the interview. The types of questions asked were the same questions also asked by other call centers in the area in regards to "what would you do in this situation" and "tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer". They were professional, however the lack of writing very little down suggested that a decision had already been made and the interview was shortened.

I was then taken over to a computer with a test in which was presented as multiple choice. The questions on the test were somewhat out of date, but otherwise was too easy. Some questions were worded in a way that could suggest that all answers were incorrect. eg "Which do you NOT need to use Shaw Internet" of which the answers were "Ethernet cable, coaxial cable, A PC or Mac, Cable Modem" , As Shaw doesn't sell wireless enabled cable modems and some Shaw customers still use the pre-DOCSIS Teryon cable modems, all the answers were incorrect from the information provided. A DOCSIS cable modem model would have a USB port, customers can use WiFi enabled devices by Wifi or Ethernet.

After I left, I received an email as follows a month later:

"Thank you for your interest in Shaw and for your application.
    We have carefully considered your application and at this time we are pursuing candidates whose qualifications more closely match our selection criteria.

Your profile will continue to reside in our database and we encourage you to update it regularly. Should we require someone with your qualifications in the near future, your application would be considered at that time.

Thank you again for your interest in Shaw. We wish you success in your future career goals.

Please note that this email address does not accept incoming emails. Please do not respond to this email."

The subject line of the email was for a different position than I had applied for, but otherwise this email has the same language as a competitor does. The questions asked during the second interview were consistent with that competitor as well, which suggests the same interview workflow was in use.

The positions applied for were reposted to the career section of the shaw.ca website, which suggests that the email is the generic "no offer" email, regardless of the reason.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to handle an angry customer.   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question