Shaw Group Interview Questions

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Phone call interview. Then in-person interview with 3 higher level managers.

Millwright Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Group in July 2009.

Take their aptitude test and just smile and be friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are qualified for this job?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Set pay for journeymen.

Engineer I Interview

Met shaw group contact at my college career fair. After some initial discussion agreed to interview the day after the career fair.

I was mainly asked about my senior design project and courses I was taking. The interview was very informal and I left very comfortable with the reviewer.

After speaking for a while I was offered a position at their Boston location. I am still considering the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How my senior design project was relevant to modern power generation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Group.

phone interview, no technical discussions, no specific

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Shaw Group in February 2013.

Had two interviews in 2 months, waited another month 1/2 without any decision

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Shaw Group in December 2012.

Shaw contacted me for an interview for an internship position in their IT department. During the interview I talk to two different people. The first person I talk to was the main supervisor of the department I was interviewing for and the second was with the person I would be directly under. The questions were mainly focused on my resume and past experience. They asked a a lot about the classes I was taking or have taken and even my familiarity with POs and other financial documents. I ended up not getting the interview but I think it's because I lacked the accounting experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of and explain a case study from your corporate finance class that you found most interesting. (After tell them my corporate finance class was my favorite class.)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Group in June 2009.

Interview process was typical of Large AE

Interview Questions
    Fairly typical honest and forthcoming

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Shaw Group in June 2008.

Multi level interview

not much

Lead Records Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Shaw Group in May 2008.

Very simple. The director knew me from another company. She called me, made an offer & I was hired as soon as I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Original salary offered was not enough to make me move for the job. I had to say no a few times before enough money was offered to get me to leave the competitor & go work for Shaw.   Answer Question
    I said no about 3-4 times until they called & said they were offering me the absolute maximum for that position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopewell, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Shaw Group in June 2012.

I interviewed with a Shaw manager, but had a chance to meet people from both Shaw and Honeywell. I sat down with several engineers and had the opportunity to ask questions and see the different positions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions being too difficult or unexpected. A fairly straight forward interview   View Answer
    No negotiations for internship, hourly wage is set by corporate

Worked for Shaw Group? Contribute to the Community!