Shaw Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at Shaw Group

Interview Details – Phone call interview. Then in-person interview with 3 higher level managers.

Very Easy Interview

Millwright Interview

Millwright
Westlake, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Take their aptitude test and just smile and be friendly.

Interview Question – Do you think you are qualified for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set pay for journeymen.

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

Interviewed at Shaw Group

Interview Details – Met shaw group contact at my college career fair. After some initial discussion agreed to interview the day after the career fair.

I was mainly asked about my senior design project and courses I was taking. The interview was very informal and I left very comfortable with the reviewer.

After speaking for a while I was offered a position at their Boston location. I am still considering the offer.

Interview Question – How my senior design project was relevant to modern power generation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Group.

Interview Details – phone interview, no technical discussions, no specific

Interview Question – not related to work area   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Shaw Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had two interviews in 2 months, waited another month 1/2 without any decision

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Shaw Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – Shaw contacted me for an interview for an internship position in their IT department. During the interview I talk to two different people. The first person I talk to was the main supervisor of the department I was interviewing for and the second was with the person I would be directly under. The questions were mainly focused on my resume and past experience. They asked a a lot about the classes I was taking or have taken and even my familiarity with POs and other financial documents. I ended up not getting the interview but I think it's because I lacked the accounting experience they were looking for.

Interview Question – Give an example of and explain a case study from your corporate finance class that you found most interesting. (After tell them my corporate finance class was my favorite class.)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Group in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was typical of Large AE

Interview Question – All questions were typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly typical honest and forthcoming

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Shaw Group in June 2008.

Interview Details – Multi level interview

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much

Very Easy Interview

Lead Records Information Manager Interview

Lead Records Information Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Shaw Group in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very simple. The director knew me from another company. She called me, made an offer & I was hired as soon as I accepted.

Interview Question – Original salary offered was not enough to make me move for the job. I had to say no a few times before enough money was offered to get me to leave the competitor & go work for Shaw.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said no about 3-4 times until they called & said they were offering me the absolute maximum for that position.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Hopewell, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Shaw Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a Shaw manager, but had a chance to meet people from both Shaw and Honeywell. I sat down with several engineers and had the opportunity to ask questions and see the different positions.

Interview Question – I don't remember any questions being too difficult or unexpected. A fairly straight forward interview   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for internship, hourly wage is set by corporate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shaw Group

Worked for Shaw Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shaw Group interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shaw Group employees and interview candidates.