Shaw Group Interview Questions

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call interview. Then in-person interview with 3 higher level managers.

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Met shaw group contact at my college career fair. After some initial discussion agreed to interview the day after the career fair.

I was mainly asked about my senior design project and courses I was taking. The interview was very informal and I left very comfortable with the reviewer.

After speaking for a while I was offered a position at their Boston location. I am still considering the offer.

Interview Questions

• How my senior design project was relevant to modern power generation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Group.

Interview

phone interview, no technical discussions, no specific

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shaw Group (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Had two interviews in 2 months, waited another month 1/2 without any decision

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shaw Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2012.

Interview

Shaw contacted me for an interview for an internship position in their IT department. During the interview I talk to two different people. The first person I talk to was the main supervisor of the department I was interviewing for and the second was with the person I would be directly under. The questions were mainly focused on my resume and past experience. They asked a a lot about the classes I was taking or have taken and even my familiarity with POs and other financial documents. I ended up not getting the interview but I think it's because I lacked the accounting experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of and explain a case study from your corporate finance class that you found most interesting. (After tell them my corporate finance class was my favorite class.)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shaw Group (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Group interviews depended upon quality of the technical staff doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where things did not go as expected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shaw Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

One phone interview and one long interview regarding the position, was hired on the spot. The interview was a long and detailed explanation of what project I would be working on and they avoided any stupid questions such as..."Tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Questions

• No question was really hard, just be prepared to answer questions from what you have learned in college   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating intern pay

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shaw Group (Hopewell, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a Shaw manager, but had a chance to meet people from both Shaw and Honeywell. I sat down with several engineers and had the opportunity to ask questions and see the different positions.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions being too difficult or unexpected. A fairly straight forward interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations for internship, hourly wage is set by corporate

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Group (Bothell, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was shopped by The Shaw Group. Basically they interviewed me to get information about a former employer and obviously had no intention of hiring. Beware The Shaw Group.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shaw Group (Aiken, SC) in October 2010.

Interview

While you're reviewing the questions, since you don't know exactly what questions you will be asked, consider some situations you have dealt with at work or projects you have worked on. You may be able to use them to help frame responses.

Prepare example that illustrate times when you have successfully solved problems or performed memorably. Also, prepare examples where you have dealt with difficult or challenging situations, because you will probably be asked about negative situations as well as positive ones.

The examples will be useful to help you respond meaningfully during a behavioral interview.