Shaw Group

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.7

Purchasing Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Group in June 2010.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. Good questions, relevant questions and nothing that could be considered a trick. Started with a phone call - interview, face to face with the Procurement Manager, Director of Procurement and HR. Received an offer within three days, but for a junior position. Negotiations took about two weeks and received an acceptable offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you consider your previous work history to be an asset in this position?   Answer Question

Procurement Agent Level III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Group in February 2010.

Short and sweet.

No negotiation

Subcontract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shaw Group in January 2010.

Asked specific questions about experience with construction projects, design build, and government regulations. For this position, the telephone interview consisted of questions from the director and two other managers. The in person interview included the Vice President as well and other engineering managers.

Millwright Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shaw Group in July 2009.

Take their aptitude test and just smile and be friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are qualified for this job?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Set pay for journeymen.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Group in June 2009.

Interview process was typical of Large AE

Interview Questions
    Fairly typical honest and forthcoming

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shaw Group in June 2008.

Multi level interview

not much

Lead Records Information Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Shaw Group in May 2008.

Very simple. The director knew me from another company. She called me, made an offer & I was hired as soon as I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Original salary offered was not enough to make me move for the job. I had to say no a few times before enough money was offered to get me to leave the competitor & go work for Shaw.   Answer Question
    I said no about 3-4 times until they called & said they were offering me the absolute maximum for that position.

Customer Care Interview

Must have strong skills in neogiating, able to work in fast paced environment and work according to and adhere to the standard practises for department adherence.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to handle alternating shifts - 5 different start times - and okay with 1 day off twice a week, as well they include all benefits whether you use them or not as your earnings.   Answer Question

Superintendent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shaw Group.

Basic

Interview Questions
    None. You get what they say

Training Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shaw Group.

I didn't really have much of an interview for the current position I am in as I started with this company as an intern for 6 months and they gave me a full time job as a coordinator.
    Though I am fairly familiar with the interview process -- its usually a pretty quick process.
    You will usually get a phone call after 2-3 weeks after applying and have a brief (1hour) interview. The interviewer will ask you about previous postitions, schooling, family - to get familiar with you and to also ask about your willingness to travel and relocate because you will be doing a lot of that in this company.