Shaw Industries Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.4

Sales Trainee Interview

Initial communication was easy and natural, very nice people. The interview was pretty intense, very pressuring questions and on the spot thinking. They were extremely nice and just wanted to see what kind of person I was but some of the questions got pretty personal.

Interview Questions
    • Top three most inspirational people in your life and why.   Answer Question

Residential Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Industries.

Test with HR in Dalton first (DO NOT comment on the picture of her children on her desk), then interview with 5 managers in hiring site - either Plant 72 (Dalton) or Plant 62 (Cartersville). It's a little daunting to have 5 managers interviewing you at one time alternating who asks you questions. THere is one manager in particular who looks at you very strangely throughout the interviewing process.

The facilities at Plant 72 vs. Plant 62 are very different. Plant 62 is a DUMP. And it's dirty. They've replaced some of the carpet tiles and repainted some of the walls however the doors are filthy (you don't even want to touch them) - especially to the dirty bathrooms. The restrooms are circa 1960 - very tacky. For goodness sakes, Shaw only sells flooring products - can't they USE them in their employee restrooms? Cheap, cheap, cheap. Indicative of how they don't care about their employees.
    They have mandatory United Ways where they expect you to give money out of your paycheck to help those less "fortunate". After taxes and healthy care payments, who has money to give to those less fortunate? When you give money, HR looks at your contribution card and sneers at you.

Interview Questions
    • What is your proudest achievement either personally or professionally.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They offer you a pay figure and tell you that is the best they can do.

Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Shaw Industries.

The hiring process for the chemical engineering co-op required two interviews. The first was with their HR director, the second with a chemical engineer I would be working with. Although I thought the interviews went well, I just wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • If the flight you had scheduled were delayed for 3 hours and you were stranded in an airport with a currency ($50) you could only use in that airport, how would you spend it?   View Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Industries.

Recruited through campus career fair, went through initial interview process on campus and then a series of interviews at headquarters in Dalton, GA. Everyone was very professional and friendly, and demonstrated that they wanted me to be happy at Shaw.

no negotiation

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Shaw Industries in March 2014.

I meet a recruiter at my university, and was contacted by the HR recruiter within two weeks regarding a interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked are general, they mainly interview you about your resume experience. There are also a few personality and situation questions.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Shaw Industries in March 2014.

The recruiters were great guys, laid back and friendly. The interview questions though were the standard. I tried to let my outgoing personality show through, but when everyone always asks the same questions, it's hard.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your best friend? What are 3 traits THEY would describe you as and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Shaw Industries in February 2014.

The interview was set up by the Co-op department at the University of Alabama. When it came time for a face to face interview we had about 25 minutes and took around 15-20. The interview was professional but not formal, he encouraged dialogue and seemed very relaxed and comfortable. When I asked him about some of Shaw's practices, he responded with passion and enthusiasm (while remaining calm and soft spoken).

Interview Questions
    • In going through my transcript, he didn't even mention any of my engineering classes. He asked about how I liked my English class and some of the theater classes I took (I'm double majoring in Theater). He stressed how important it is to be creative and to not always follow a mold.   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Interview

Very simple hiring process. You go to an onsite location, you are shown the factory and then taken through 3 one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was what I think I can contribute to the job.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Shaw Industries.

5 separate interviews with key stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • All relatively simple if you're able to draw from past experiences. Study STAR Behavioral Interview Questions.   Answer Question
    Typical for large corporation.

Co-Op Interview

Applied on campus recruiting website. I was given an interview a few weeks later. I then interviewed on campus and offered position a few weeks after that. The HR person who interviewed me asked very general questions typical of any behavioral interview. Overall the interview process was not too rigorous.

Interview Questions

Worked for Shaw Industries? Contribute to the Community!