Shaw Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shaw Industries (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Initial interview was with a recruiter, a screening. The next interview was a panel "Skype" type interview, but they used their own internal system. I met with three people, one of whom was an HR representative, though she was not identify as one at the time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were situational and behavioral overall. One question that sticks out in mind was if I would commute or would I be willing to relocate for the position.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about one of my favorite books or a recently read books.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about my short-term and long-term goals. I had recently watched Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, so this was almost comical...I managed to keep a straight face however and give them a serious answer.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The job was already determined before I even walked in the door. I didn't have a chance. It was frustrating for me because we all knew before we even applied who was going to get the job, but they needed to interview us to meet their requirements.

Co/Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Shaw Industries.

Interview

Went to the job fair and landed an on campus interview. No hard questions they just wanted to feel you out as a person. Be prepared for behavioral based questions. Use STAR method for answering because they are really wanting to know how you handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed.   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Interview

Initial communication was easy and natural, very nice people. The interview was pretty intense, very pressuring questions and on the spot thinking. They were extremely nice and just wanted to see what kind of person I was but some of the questions got pretty personal.

Interview Questions

• Top three most inspirational people in your life and why.   Answer Question

Residential Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Industries.

Interview

Test with HR in Dalton first (DO NOT comment on the picture of her children on her desk), then interview with 5 managers in hiring site - either Plant 72 (Dalton) or Plant 62 (Cartersville). It's a little daunting to have 5 managers interviewing you at one time alternating who asks you questions. THere is one manager in particular who looks at you very strangely throughout the interviewing process.

The facilities at Plant 72 vs. Plant 62 are very different. Plant 62 is a DUMP. And it's dirty. They've replaced some of the carpet tiles and repainted some of the walls however the doors are filthy (you don't even want to touch them) - especially to the dirty bathrooms. The restrooms are circa 1960 - very tacky. For goodness sakes, Shaw only sells flooring products - can't they USE them in their employee restrooms? Cheap, cheap, cheap. Indicative of how they don't care about their employees.
    They have mandatory United Ways where they expect you to give money out of your paycheck to help those less "fortunate". After taxes and healthy care payments, who has money to give to those less fortunate? When you give money, HR looks at your contribution card and sneers at you.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement either personally or professionally.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offer you a pay figure and tell you that is the best they can do.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Industries in September 2014.

Interview

First interview was not too difficult. talked a good bit about the position and then asked a few questions about my skill set. One on one interview followed by a group interview. Interview questiosn were standard. None too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Production Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shaw Industries in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online - took a week to here back. Set-up first interview over the phone then second in person. Pretty straight forward interview and questions you would expect in any formal interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shaw Industries.

Interview

The hiring process for the chemical engineering co-op required two interviews. The first was with their HR director, the second with a chemical engineer I would be working with. Although I thought the interviews went well, I just wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• If the flight you had scheduled were delayed for 3 hours and you were stranded in an airport with a currency ($50) you could only use in that airport, how would you spend it?   1 Answer

Team Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

My direct superior and his boss sat with me asking questions both pertinent to the job at hand, and general career questions. The crux of the interview seemed to be more about determining if I was the right fit for both the position and whether or not it would benefit both myself and the company for me to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your employment goals here at Shaw?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA).

Interview

Recruited through campus career fair, went through initial interview process on campus and then a series of interviews at headquarters in Dalton, GA. Everyone was very professional and friendly, and demonstrated that they wanted me to be happy at Shaw.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation