Shaw's

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shaw's.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within a week asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward. Asked questions about why I wanted to work for the company, previous experience, hours available, etc. After the interview they told me the hiring manager would call me back to schedule my orientation information.

Interview Question – Why Shaws over any other supermarket?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had put on my online application a little over minimum wage and there was no negotiation after that.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Shaw's in August 2009.

Interview Details – Online application including a multiple choice job personality assessment. Was interviewed by a friendly assistant store director who made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – When the department manager interviewed me, she asked if I would work beyond my listed availability if needed. It was a simple question, but I was left unsure of how "working beyond my availability" would be interpreted.   Answer Question

Stow, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shaw's in August 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called in for an interview next week. Interview was pretty standard, nothing to worry about

Interview Question – Name a time when you helped someone out where you had to give something up   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard, just an offer including my pay and expectations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shaw's in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call within a week. I just met with the department manager and she asked me if I was comfortable working with the public. We then went over my availability and I was basically hired. She told me HR would call the next day to setup the background check and orientation.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable working with the public?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shaw's in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call the next day, went in for an interview the next week, got the job the same day. Started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – How would you help a disabled customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Shaw's? Contribute to the Community!