Shawmut Design and Construction Interview Questions

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shawmut Design and Construction

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Over the course of the interview and follow up I met with many people, including CMST, two Assistant PM, PM, PX, Senior Estimator and the VP. I got a good feeling about the sense of team work, work ethic and culture from many different perspectives. It was a very positive experience

APA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction.

Interview

Interview process was excellent and very quick. I interviewed with several people and got a good feel for the different departments, expectations, corporate culture, benefits, etc. The decision process was also swift and an offer came in quickly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy. Met with (2) people and was hired the next day. Interview was more conversational than anything. Very laid back. Do not expect to meet with more than (3) people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a college fair. Set up a phone interview the next week. Shortly after in office interviews were set up. 4 interviews about a half hour each with younger employees. Long but the interviewers were friendly and enjoyed their jobs. Set up a second round interview about two weeks later this was with the VP and Director of Operations. Got a phone call the next day with the job offer.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process consisting of meeting with individuals at the local office, phone interview with HR, Predictive Index test. Eventually was flown to Boston to meet with a VP and the new President and CEO. My impression was the leadership is promoted from within and stuck in an old paradigm that they believe is still working for them.

Interview Questions

• Enough talk about business tell me something about you personally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Initally met with HR rep at my college career fair. I showed a lot of interest in this program (I knew about it long before the career fair). The HR rep gave me her card and said we should have a phone call. After our phone call she set me up with an interview in the LA office. I met with 4 different people for about 30 minutes each. I heard back about a week later that I moved on to the next round of interviews. I met with an additional 4 people, in the NYC office. I was offered the job the next day. Very good communication with HR, best I have ever seen.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was invited in for an interview within days of applying for the position. It was a very fast interview process and I was able to meet the people I would be supporting, as well as the people on the same level that I would be collaborating with. I left the second interview with an offer which I ended up accepting.

PM Interview

Interview

I Interviewed with 5 people in different positions. I was recommended by a client of the company and that maid the selection process more favorable. I think their interview process is not difficult, because in fact many people that succeed in getting offers are not right for the job and end up having to admit this later on

Interview Questions

• Are you smarter than the average person?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I received an email shortly after submitting my resume online, requesting a time for a phone interview. A few days later I spoke with a recruiter. I believe the phone call was supposed to last about a half hour, mine lasted closer to an hour. It went well, the call ended with the recruiter saying that I would be getting a call from another recruiter to schedule an in person interview. Within 48 hours I received a call to schedule an in person interview for the following week. I was informed that I would be interviewed by 4 people, individually. I met with the team and they all seemed to go well. Everyone was very friendly, asked me a lot of questions and answered all of mine.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have had to deal with on a job site?   Answer Question

Intern/Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shawmut Design and Construction (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took them about a month or so to get back to me. Once I received the initial call, the process was very fast. Within a week of the initial call I was scheduled for an interview at 10:30 in the morning at the New York office. I got there early and was accommodated immediately. Three interviewers and about 45 minutes later I was done. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I went home with a very positive feel about the whole process. Promptly enough I received a call the very next day offering me the job!

Interview Questions

• What were the your favorite courses? Could you give us some examples of the cases studied (with respect to construction law)?   Answer Question