Darden

www.darden.com
  www.darden.com

Interview Question

Food Server Interview Kennesaw, GA

She flipped through my resume, and sneered at my most

recent job, at a wilderness camp, saying it wasn't much of a job at all. You know how jobs are - the title doesn't give the story. This was a job with enormous responsibility - for giving people a good time, for keeping the area maintained, for performing a nightly monologue, and for literally keeping the guests alive. One of my duties was manning a first aid station that frequently handles life threatening emergencies. And she called it a fluff job. What do you say after that? She said they'd be in touch within 2 days I phoned on the third and was told, very abruptly that I didn't get the job. My mom has owned a business and said the comments and questions were unprofesiional and hostile. And she said that the correct thing to do when you tell someone you aren't hiring them, is to give them some constructive reason - something they can work on improving ( for example, get some wine experience and try again in a year) rather than speak to them as if they were garbage. She always tried to think of other places that might be a better fit, too. I think Olive Garden would be a good fit for me, but I'm very glad not to be working under such an unhappy, insecure woman.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I'm afraid I sputtered before saying something about being certified in numerous areas of First Aid/First Responder.

Interview Candidate on Nov 30, 2012

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.