Shearman & Sterling

Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shearman & Sterling in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process was pretty standard. I received a call to go in for a interview and at the interview I met with about 6 different interviewers. They included associates, a partner, a senior legal assistants and two other legal assistants who I'd be replacing.

Interview Question – The questions were all very straight-forward   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shearman & Sterling in October 2012.

Interview Details – Lot of documents needed, although process pretty short. Pretty standard for industry, just glad they are hiring new graduates. Knew what I want to practice so not difficult to interview and speak with the hiring staff. Will see how they are next year, could be hiring fewer

Interview Question – What is unique about our firm?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Shearman & Sterling.

Interview Details – First round interview in New York. I was interviewed by two current legal assistants. They asked me: tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, what is your greatest accomplishment, a time you had to work with difficult people, what do you like to do in your free time?

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected or that difficult   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shearman & Sterling in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met with several people on the team. Everyone was pretty nice if a little intense. Definitely emphasized that this job would take over your life. Last attorney I met with even discouraged me from even taking the job--very odd.

Interview Question – nothing was that difficult--it was all pretty standard. make sure you ask for a card from everyone since you will meet with a lot of people and it is helpful to have all their names/emails to write a thank you   View Answer

Director Interview

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Technical Specialist III Interview

Technical Specialist III
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Shearman & Sterling in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long but it was very pleasant because everyone was very nice. I havent started working yet but it seems to be a very good company. It consisted of 5 interviews (phone, skype, face-to-face) but only because not everyone was able to attend at the same time.

The recruiter (Lloyd IT) and the managers were very patient and answered all my many questions.

Interview Question – How would you prioritize a support request between a partner and a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the title (more to do with the duties), accelerated benefits, and start date. They were very agreeable.

Worked for Shearman & Sterling? Contribute to the Community!