Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sheetz
- Salesperson (19)
- Sales Associate (15)
- Assistant Manager (8)
- Shift Supervisor (6)
- Store Manager (4)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (4)
- Cashier (4)
- Sales Person (3)
- Sheetz Salesperson (3)
- Manager (2)
- Overnight Sales Person (1)
- Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned (1)
- Drink Hostess (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Warehouse Manager (1)
- Facilities (1)
- Safety (1)
- Sales (1)
- Store Associate (1)
- Assistant Store Manager (1)
- Associate (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA).
1st round we were given a 30 minute block of time. I was told from a person that worked there that they were conducting approximately 50 interviews for this position Dress casual Two people asking questions. Mostly about how you will fit within culture Was given ample opportunity to ask questions Job was eventually filled internally
- Why do you want to work here Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in June 2015.
The ice cream manager position was a fairly new role. The job description was not clear. Even they were not sure what they were exactly looking for. However, I applied and interviewed with them anyways. The interview itself was rather informal. Overall, the interview was not too hard. However, I got noticed a couple of weeks after the interview that the position was moved to another department. The people I was interviewing with were not in charge for that position hiring anymore. Thus, my preparation for that position became a waste of time.
- Tell me about your self. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Claysburg, PA) in May 2014.
Interview process consisted of five(5) meetings: 1.) Phone screening with HR manager 2.) Phone screen with HR manager and Director(Jack Leach) 3.) In-person interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current terminal manager 4.) In-person interview with Presideent(Buddy Casado) and Director(Jack Leach) 5.) Dinner interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned 6.) Offer
- Interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly they are digging to see what roles and responsibilities you have held in the past. They are wanting to see how manage people and what experiences you've had if you're coming from a transportation background. Keys to the interview would be to: 1.) talk about the number of employees you've supervised or managed at one time 2.) talk about what experiences you've had with tractor/trailer maintenance in terms of scheduling and tracking 3.) talk about your knowledge of FMCSA rules 4.) talk about your past financial experiences, ie PnL/budgeting Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I would consider the offer I received a lowball offer. $50,000/year base salary which is grossly undervalued for their job requirements(on-call 25/7/365 and traveling every week) with the possibility of up to a $28,800 bonus. The position comes with 48 bonus points and Sheetz has budgeted up to $600 per bonus point this year. Salary for the job should really be in the $$65,000-$70,000 per year. The bonus is not guaranteed and it is based on the company's financial performance.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sheetz (Altoona, PA) in September 2012.
Assessment, Interview, Drug/background check, hire in
- What is your greatest weakness 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review