Sheetz Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Saw the assistant manager opening on monster and applied online. Application includes a personality test which has little effect on the process (I barely passed). Was called literally 20 minutes after I finished the application for my first interview with the store manager. He explained the hiring process to me as well as the job requirements in detail. The interview wasn't hard but they do ask more personal questions as opposed to work questions to see if you fit well into their culture. Got a call back a day later for a second interview on a Thursday of the next week with the district manager which only lasted 15 minutes and once again was more informal. Got a call back three days later for my drug screen and background check which took 9 days to come back. The total process was three weeks long.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me something about yourself" "How do you deal with people" "if you told someone to do something and they didn't do it what would you do"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sheetz

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Sent in resume, very qualified to do the work with over 10 years management experience, and they send me a email within couple days saying based upon my resume that i qualify for a salesperson position. One not a salesperson you are a cashier!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sheetz in May 2013.

Interview

After filling out the initial online application and assessment, I received a call in which a brief phone interview was conducted by an assistant manager- super nice guy. I then was asked to come into the store for a formal interview. This lasted about an hour or so and was comprised of mostly general questions about my managerial background and why I was interested in working for Sheetz. The interview went well and I was scheduled for the next, and final interview with a DM. This interview lasted a bit longer and had the usual random "What would you do" questions, sprinkled throughout. The DM was an extremely nice person who let me know upfront that she was direct and to the point. I really enjoyed conversing with her. At the end of the interview she asked me what salary range I'd like to be in if she was to offer me the position. What I conveyed was a bit more than what she said was the normal starting salary, but being I had experience, she would ask her supervisor for approval and call me the next week. I recieved the call a week later and accepted the offer we discussed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee came to you complaining of sexual harassment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

As mentioned above, I was asked what salary I wanted. Being that it was a bit higher than the usual range, the DM said she would need approval. She received it and I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very thorough interview by the store manager after completing an online 'test'.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of and what do you regret most?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Woodbridge, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

I speak from the side of the manager doing the interview. We go threw plenty of applications a week and try to set up at least a handful every week. We may not be hiring, but we are always willing to do interviews, you never know if this person can be a strong asset to your company. We ask a wide array of questions, but really look at questions dealing with customer service. That is the business that we are in, and would want all of our employees to display a strong urgency for taking care of our customers. We try to contact all interviewees by phone to let them know the decision that has been made. Some stores even set up second interviews, especially for the management positions. Once we proceed with the hiring process there is a drug and background check that is associated with pre-hire, these results usually take a week to get back to the company.

Interview Questions

• I find that the most difficult question for most people is the 'describe yourself in 3 words' question. Most applicants take quite a bit of time to answer this question.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz in August 2012.

Interview

Two interview process. If there is an offer, drug screen and training.

Anonymous Employee in Follansbee, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Follansbee, WV) in June 2009.

Interview

I found the ad on career builder. I had to take a assessment test first. I passed that then they scheduled a drug and background check. A week later I was called back and interviewed with the district manager over the phone.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz in March 2010.

Interview

Asst. Mgr. position requires a computerized test consisting of math and personality questions. Then if that is passed you have a 1 on 1 interview with your DM consisting of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• You are having a conflict with another mgmt team member at your store. How do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How should employees be disciplined?   Answer Question