Sheetz

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodbridge, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sheetz in January 2013.

Interview Details – I speak from the side of the manager doing the interview. We go threw plenty of applications a week and try to set up at least a handful every week. We may not be hiring, but we are always willing to do interviews, you never know if this person can be a strong asset to your company. We ask a wide array of questions, but really look at questions dealing with customer service. That is the business that we are in, and would want all of our employees to display a strong urgency for taking care of our customers.

We try to contact all interviewees by phone to let them know the decision that has been made. Some stores even set up second interviews, especially for the management positions. Once we proceed with the hiring process there is a drug and background check that is associated with pre-hire, these results usually take a week to get back to the company.

Interview Question – I find that the most difficult question for most people is the 'describe yourself in 3 words' question. Most applicants take quite a bit of time to answer this question.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sheetz in August 2012.

Interview Details – Two interview process. If there is an offer, drug screen and training.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sheetz in May 2013.

Interview Details – After filling out the initial online application and assessment, I received a call in which a brief phone interview was conducted by an assistant manager- super nice guy. I then was asked to come into the store for a formal interview. This lasted about an hour or so and was comprised of mostly general questions about my managerial background and why I was interested in working for Sheetz. The interview went well and I was scheduled for the next, and final interview with a DM. This interview lasted a bit longer and had the usual random "What would you do" questions, sprinkled throughout. The DM was an extremely nice person who let me know upfront that she was direct and to the point. I really enjoyed conversing with her. At the end of the interview she asked me what salary range I'd like to be in if she was to offer me the position. What I conveyed was a bit more than what she said was the normal starting salary, but being I had experience, she would ask her supervisor for approval and call me the next week. I recieved the call a week later and accepted the offer we discussed.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee came to you complaining of sexual harassment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As mentioned above, I was asked what salary I wanted. Being that it was a bit higher than the usual range, the DM said she would need approval. She received it and I accepted the offer.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sheetz in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview by the store manager after completing an online 'test'.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of and what do you regret most?   View Answer

Follansbee, WV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sheetz in June 2009.

Interview Details – I found the ad on career builder. I had to take a assessment test first. I passed that then they scheduled a drug and background check. A week later I was called back and interviewed with the district manager over the phone.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sheetz in March 2010.

Interview Details – Asst. Mgr. position requires a computerized test consisting of math and personality questions. Then if that is passed you have a 1 on 1 interview with your DM consisting of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• You are having a conflict with another mgmt team member at your store. How do you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • How should employees be disciplined?   Answer Question

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!