Sheetz Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.4

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Applied online - received a call a few days later to schedule an interview. Came in, was offered a free drink while I waited, manager came out shortly to see me. Interviewed one on one in the office, was very friendly and smooth. I was nervous since I was new to this, but she was nice and noticed as I relaxed. Conversation touched on some casual topics as well before the interview was over and I was told I'd get a call in a week if I had it. Just two days later I got my call back asking to schedule my drug test and other things to get me officially hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are based on your work ethic, i.e. can you do overtime, how flexible is your schedule, what makes you want to work for us, what drives you, etc   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sheetz.

I applied online and got offered to have an interview about a week or two after applying. When you apply, your name kind of goes into a pool where you may get hired at another Sheetz besides the one you've applied to. It's just where the openings happen to lie. I have been told by several people that it's a great advantage if you know someone who works with Sheetz or has some kind of connection with the company. The interview itself took about 30-45 minutes, but as long as you are comfortable and relaxed, it's not like it will be unbearable. With this interview, it seemed like the only possible way that the interview would come off as uncomfortable was if I made it that way.

Interview Questions
    • Which part of the job might you find to be the most difficult to get a grasp on/pick up?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Typical questions from the store manager. Confirmed that they will not hire someone outside of company without food experience for assistant manager position. Even if you meet all the other qualifications. The DM likes to promote from within.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunmore, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunmore, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sheetz in July 2014.

I put in an application online on Wednesday and got a phone call the same day at 3 pm for and interview. The interview was scheduled for the next day Friday. The interview lasted an hour and a half with a tour of the kitchen and the freezers.

No negotiation

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

I applied for a job on the Sheetz website. The job I applied for was actually at another store than the one I got the interview, so I guess all Sheetz have access to applications submitted in an area. It was a week or two after I applied until I received a phone call to set up an interview. When I got to the interview I was offered a beverage before we started, but I declined. The interview was held in the backroom of the store. The interview itself was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were average, but the question I tripped up on was "Who do you look up to?". In retrospect, it was an easy question. I didn't have an an answer at the time, so I had a long pause before I answered. In the future, I will have a better thought out answer to use.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Online application with personality test, Interview with assistant managers and then drug testing. The interview really depends on the manager interviewing. I have known people who were turned away because they smiled too much while people who obviously didn't care the minute they walked in the door got the job. It just depends.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected thing was that I had to take a math test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sheetz in May 2014.

It took about two weeks for the application process to be finished. I applied online, did a video interview, did a phone interview, and was finally called in for an in person interview. The video interview was just three short questions that I had to record to send off. The phone interview was conducted by a staffing specialist in the corporate offices in Pennsylvania, which kind of surprised me. The in person interview was by far the easiest of the interviews! It was super casual, and the manager gave me a coffee on the house and we sat in the dining area. She asked me a lot of scenario based questions, as well as the standard interview questions. The interview was really free flowing, and the manager mentioned that she didn't have a set script for the interview. There was lots of talking and laughing, and that the end, she shook my hand and said she'd call back.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked, "So, what other forms of communication do you use besides just talking?" and that really tripped me up. I had to ask for clarification. The rest were scenario based questions that were fairly easy.   Answer Question

Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sheetz in May 2014.

Interview process consisted of five(5) meetings:
    1.) Phone screening with HR manager
    2.) Phone screen with HR manager and Director(Jack Leach)
    3.) In-person interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current terminal manager
    4.) In-person interview with Presideent(Buddy Casado) and Director(Jack Leach)
    5.) Dinner interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned
    6.) Offer

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly they are digging to see what roles and responsibilities you have held in the past. They are wanting to see how manage people and what experiences you've had if you're coming from a transportation background. Keys to the interview would be to:

1.) talk about the number of employees you've supervised or managed at one time
      2.) talk about what experiences you've had with tractor/trailer maintenance in terms of scheduling and tracking
      3.) talk about your knowledge of FMCSA rules
      4.) talk about your past financial experiences, ie PnL/budgeting
        Answer Question

I would consider the offer I received a lowball offer. $50,000/year base salary which is grossly undervalued for their job requirements(on-call 25/7/365 and traveling every week) with the possibility of up to a $28,800 bonus. The position comes with 48 bonus points and Sheetz has budgeted up to $600 per bonus point this year. Salary for the job should really be in the $$65,000-$70,000 per year. The bonus is not guaranteed and it is based on the company's financial performance.

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online and get a call within the coming week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sheetz in April 2014.

The interview was arranged very soon after submitting an application- though I strongly advise calling to check on the status of the application to show intent and interest. It is often the best way to obtain the interview. The interview itself was about thirty minutes long and was very upbeat and friendly. It wasn't stressful or awkward at all. They asked the usual questions- explain gaps in job history, what makes you want to work at Sheetz, what is your biggest fault, explain teamwork, which customer is the most important (all of them), and why do you think you are a fit for this position? After the scheduled a drug test which has to be completed at the chosen facility within 24 hours and I was on the clock within a week.

I didn't negotiate.