Sheetz

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gettysburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gettysburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sheetz in November 2010.

tedious but thorough....checks take forever to come back, company vague about salary and benefits

easy

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sheetz in September 2012.

Assessment, Interview, Drug/background check, hire in

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birdsboro, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birdsboro, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sheetz in March 2014.

I applied online and got a got a call for an interview a few days later.
    I went for the interview and it was a little harder than I expected. She took me to a small room in the back and there was a guy observing the interview, which made me nervous. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Some questions where basic: what do you know about Sheetz?
    Where would ypou like to be in 5 years?
    Describe Team Player.
    What do you think of the sentence "good enough"?
    After the interview she said she would get back to me by the end of the week. She did give me call saying I didn't get the job because I was better for a managing position.
    I do remember leaving there with mixed feelings, I wasn't sure If i did good or not.

Interview Questions
    • There where a few unexpected questions, but the only one I can remember was this one: How sweet can I be in a work place?   Answer Question

Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claysburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sheetz in May 2014.

Interview process consisted of five(5) meetings:
    1.) Phone screening with HR manager
    2.) Phone screen with HR manager and Director(Jack Leach)
    3.) In-person interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current terminal manager
    4.) In-person interview with Presideent(Buddy Casado) and Director(Jack Leach)
    5.) Dinner interview with Director(Jack Leach) and current Assistant Terminal Manager Unassigned
    6.) Offer

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly they are digging to see what roles and responsibilities you have held in the past. They are wanting to see how manage people and what experiences you've had if you're coming from a transportation background. Keys to the interview would be to:

1.) talk about the number of employees you've supervised or managed at one time
      2.) talk about what experiences you've had with tractor/trailer maintenance in terms of scheduling and tracking
      3.) talk about your knowledge of FMCSA rules
      4.) talk about your past financial experiences, ie PnL/budgeting

Answer Question

I would consider the offer I received a lowball offer. $50,000/year base salary which is grossly undervalued for their job requirements(on-call 25/7/365 and traveling every week) with the possibility of up to a $28,800 bonus. The position comes with 48 bonus points and Sheetz has budgeted up to $600 per bonus point this year. Salary for the job should really be in the $$65,000-$70,000 per year. The bonus is not guaranteed and it is based on the company's financial performance.

Salesperson Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

I applied for a job on the Sheetz website. The job I applied for was actually at another store than the one I got the interview, so I guess all Sheetz have access to applications submitted in an area. It was a week or two after I applied until I received a phone call to set up an interview. When I got to the interview I was offered a beverage before we started, but I declined. The interview was held in the backroom of the store. The interview itself was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were average, but the question I tripped up on was "Who do you look up to?". In retrospect, it was an easy question. I didn't have an an answer at the time, so I had a long pause before I answered. In the future, I will have a better thought out answer to use.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Typical questions from the store manager. Confirmed that they will not hire someone outside of company without food experience for assistant manager position. Even if you meet all the other qualifications. The DM likes to promote from within.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sheetz in January 2013.

I speak from the side of the manager doing the interview. We go threw plenty of applications a week and try to set up at least a handful every week. We may not be hiring, but we are always willing to do interviews, you never know if this person can be a strong asset to your company. We ask a wide array of questions, but really look at questions dealing with customer service. That is the business that we are in, and would want all of our employees to display a strong urgency for taking care of our customers.

We try to contact all interviewees by phone to let them know the decision that has been made. Some stores even set up second interviews, especially for the management positions. Once we proceed with the hiring process there is a drug and background check that is associated with pre-hire, these results usually take a week to get back to the company.

Interview Questions
    • I find that the most difficult question for most people is the 'describe yourself in 3 words' question. Most applicants take quite a bit of time to answer this question.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Applied online - received a call a few days later to schedule an interview. Came in, was offered a free drink while I waited, manager came out shortly to see me. Interviewed one on one in the office, was very friendly and smooth. I was nervous since I was new to this, but she was nice and noticed as I relaxed. Conversation touched on some casual topics as well before the interview was over and I was told I'd get a call in a week if I had it. Just two days later I got my call back asking to schedule my drug test and other things to get me officially hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are based on your work ethic, i.e. can you do overtime, how flexible is your schedule, what makes you want to work for us, what drives you, etc   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sheetz in March 2013.

Very thorough interview by the store manager after completing an online 'test'.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of and what do you regret most?   View Answer

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kernersville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kernersville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz in April 2011.

Whenever coming into the interview, it's great to be positive, and try to look business casual. There's no need to break out your Sunday best. Guys, be clean shaven, ladies, no skirts. Have a positive aura about you. And feel free to do some research on the company. Don't just know your skills, own them.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life where you overcame a great conflict, and describe how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is more of, "What is your availability"