Sheetz

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online and get a call within the coming week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sheetz in April 2014.

The interview was arranged very soon after submitting an application- though I strongly advise calling to check on the status of the application to show intent and interest. It is often the best way to obtain the interview. The interview itself was about thirty minutes long and was very upbeat and friendly. It wasn't stressful or awkward at all. They asked the usual questions- explain gaps in job history, what makes you want to work at Sheetz, what is your biggest fault, explain teamwork, which customer is the most important (all of them), and why do you think you are a fit for this position? After the scheduled a drug test which has to be completed at the chosen facility within 24 hours and I was on the clock within a week.

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Vernon, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Vernon, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sheetz.

Very long and annoying

Interview Questions
    Nothing I signed my life away

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birdsboro, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Birdsboro, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sheetz in March 2014.

I applied online and got a got a call for an interview a few days later.
    I went for the interview and it was a little harder than I expected. She took me to a small room in the back and there was a guy observing the interview, which made me nervous. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Some questions where basic: what do you know about Sheetz?
    Where would ypou like to be in 5 years?
    Describe Team Player.
    What do you think of the sentence "good enough"?
    After the interview she said she would get back to me by the end of the week. She did give me call saying I didn't get the job because I was better for a managing position.
    I do remember leaving there with mixed feelings, I wasn't sure If i did good or not.

Interview Questions
    • There where a few unexpected questions, but the only one I can remember was this one: How sweet can I be in a work place?   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

I had one interview, in which I was asked the standard interview questions. What surprised and impressed me the most, was that the manager asked me if he could give me some feedback on my interview skills! He gave both positive and negative feedback which has helped me since!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just the general questions for a retail/customer service position.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sheetz.

Easy process if you know the routine

No negotiation. The pay is set.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sheetz.

It took a little while to get the first interview but once the ball got rolling, it was just a matter of days before I was hired and started my new position.

Interview Questions
    • There a lot of situational/behavioral questions. Be truthful, don't make up stuff to talk about. Be on time and dress for success.   Answer Question
    They have a starting wage for all positions.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perry, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Perry, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sheetz.

The interview was long. I was asked many questions about what I like to do for fun and my family. I started the next week beginning a store opening.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sheetz in May 2013.

After filling out the initial online application and assessment, I received a call in which a brief phone interview was conducted by an assistant manager- super nice guy. I then was asked to come into the store for a formal interview. This lasted about an hour or so and was comprised of mostly general questions about my managerial background and why I was interested in working for Sheetz. The interview went well and I was scheduled for the next, and final interview with a DM. This interview lasted a bit longer and had the usual random "What would you do" questions, sprinkled throughout. The DM was an extremely nice person who let me know upfront that she was direct and to the point. I really enjoyed conversing with her. At the end of the interview she asked me what salary range I'd like to be in if she was to offer me the position. What I conveyed was a bit more than what she said was the normal starting salary, but being I had experience, she would ask her supervisor for approval and call me the next week. I recieved the call a week later and accepted the offer we discussed.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee came to you complaining of sexual harassment?   Answer Question
    As mentioned above, I was asked what salary I wanted. Being that it was a bit higher than the usual range, the DM said she would need approval. She received it and I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Coudersport, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Coudersport, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Never got a call-back after completing online assessment. I called the store I applied at and was told I didn't pass the assessment! Curious as to why, I called corporate offices and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Guess I should have BS'd my way to an interview.