Sheetz

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sheetz.

Applied online - received a call a few days later to schedule an interview. Came in, was offered a free drink while I waited, manager came out shortly to see me. Interviewed one on one in the office, was very friendly and smooth. I was nervous since I was new to this, but she was nice and noticed as I relaxed. Conversation touched on some casual topics as well before the interview was over and I was told I'd get a call in a week if I had it. Just two days later I got my call back asking to schedule my drug test and other things to get me officially hired.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions are based on your work ethic, i.e. can you do overtime, how flexible is your schedule, what makes you want to work for us, what drives you, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sheetz

Sales Associate Interview

Online application with personality test, Interview with assistant managers and then drug testing. The interview really depends on the manager interviewing. I have known people who were turned away because they smiled too much while people who obviously didn't care the minute they walked in the door got the job. It just depends.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected thing was that I had to take a math test.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online and get a call within the coming week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birdsboro, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birdsboro, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sheetz in March 2014.

I applied online and got a got a call for an interview a few days later.
    I went for the interview and it was a little harder than I expected. She took me to a small room in the back and there was a guy observing the interview, which made me nervous. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Some questions where basic: what do you know about Sheetz?
    Where would ypou like to be in 5 years?
    Describe Team Player.
    What do you think of the sentence "good enough"?
    After the interview she said she would get back to me by the end of the week. She did give me call saying I didn't get the job because I was better for a managing position.
    I do remember leaving there with mixed feelings, I wasn't sure If i did good or not.

Interview Questions
    • There where a few unexpected questions, but the only one I can remember was this one: How sweet can I be in a work place?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sheetz in March 2013.

The interview was very through. Every question that you were asked on the pre-screen test on-line was asked again. I was interviewed by both a regional mananger and assistant in training. Both were very nice. I applied on friday and got a call sunday for an interview thursday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zebulon, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zebulon, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sheetz in October 2012.

My initial perception of the Sheetz culture was as a customer. I enjoyed the environment whenever I needed more than a fuel purchase. After I applied for a position online, I went into the location and spoke with management about my application. I received a call within a day or two to go in for an interview. I was offered a position right away. My start date was delayed for 5 weeks due to a tragic family event, but the offer remained open. Not many businesses will hold a position for a new employee, so I'm proud to say I work for Sheetz.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any questions that were difficult to answer, nor did any aspect of the discussion/interview process seem unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sheetz in May 2012.

Sheetz was holding an open interview to hire for the summer. I submitted an application online, this includes a brief psych test as well to make sure you aren't crazy. The next day I went in for the open interview. I gave them my resume and they asked questions like, what do you think sheetz is, do you have a favorite menu item, is this your first job, what hours can you work, if you had work but got invited to a party would you call out to go to the party?

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite menu item? I hadn't eaten there yet so I had to make something up!   View Answer
    Just my hours. It was my first job so I couldn't really negotiate pay. You basically tell them your availability by day of the week and what holidays you can work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sheetz in September 2010.

Easy hired in a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sheetz in August 2010.

you need to apply online... one of the managers will review your application and call you within a few days... once you set up your interview you go through all that which at the end you will be given a paper decribing and directing you to get a drug test within 24 hours of your interview... once you pass that you come back in finish up some paperwork then the manager will walk you through the store show you around and introduce you to everyone :)

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you??   View Answer
    • what is your downfall?? or something maybe your not so good at... bad quality??   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sheetz in July 2011.

I had my interview in the dining area, which was a little uncomfortable since there were customers there eating and listening to us. Other than that I thought the interview was pretty nice, the manager was personable and easy going.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing to negotiate, you got paid what they wanted to pay you.