Shelby County School District Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shelby County School District

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shelby County School District.

Interview

Interviews really depend on the school you're interviewing with. If your resume is a fit, you will likely be called into an interview with the principal or vice principal. Be prepared to discuss your approach to classroom management, student engagement, and differentiated instruction. The principal needs to have an idea whether or not you will be effective in the classroom, and be able to deliver when it comes to high-stakes test scores that are the basis for school closures.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would incorporate Bloom's Taxonomy into a routine lesson.   Answer Question

Transportation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shelby County School District (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

3 person panel interview, requested additional copy of resume upon arrival, went thru a series of questions on a sheet of paper, each interviewer took turns asking questions. They wrote down each answer that was provided. asked if you had any questions afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes we are forced to go outside of normal policy and procedures when it involves certain situations. Tell us about a time when you had to experience an incident that fell outside of normal policy and procedure and the steps you had to take to solve the issue?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shelby County School District.

Interview

In depth telephone interview from district hiring personnel. Potentially in depth face-to-face interview with principals or a group of school level administrators and teachers. School level interviews vary depending on your background. They ask the questions your resume does not answer (how you raise student achievement, parent and community involvement, other skills that can strengthen school image or function)

Interview Questions

• Something like... Explain how you would teach a class of second graders a lesson on main idea. They want to know how you will know their prerequisite knowledge and skills and how you will manage behavior. You must share all lesson components including your motivation, guided practice, small group and work station activities (with set up details and materials), lesson closure, and assessment.   Answer Question

High School Teacher Interview

Interview

Interviewed first at the board, then was sent out to a school to interview with the principal there. The interview at the board was a couple of hours, and the interview with the principal was shorter, like an hour.

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shelby County School District (Memphis, TN).

Interview

There really were not any questions. I was asked about previous driving and if I had valid CDL.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Started immediately.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shelby County School District.

Interview

Hiring process was relatively quick. They wanted to know you were able to problem solve in unconventional ways and use a good, solid foundation of understanding educational strategies.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle discipline problems in your classroom?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shelby County School District in July 2011.

Interview

It is a normal Teacher Interview: Bring your resume and your portfolio if you have one. Be prepared to talk about your experience, your teaching philosophy, your achievements/ awards, etc. You may choose a specific area of town in which to teach, but they will ultimately assign you to a place.

Interview Questions

• What is/are your certification(s)? How are you most qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shelby County School District (Memphis, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

During the hiring process, scenarios were given and I was asked what would I do in those particular situations. I was also asked about past teaching experience. I was asked to complete a sample lesson plan.

Interview Questions

• Because the interview was so long ago, I can't recall a difficult question. I will say the interviewer was slightly intimidating, but I think this was a tactic to determine if I would fold under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a negotiable phase. The offer was firm.