Shelby County School District Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shelby County School District

High School Teacher Interview

Interviewed first at the board, then was sent out to a school to interview with the principal there. The interview at the board was a couple of hours, and the interview with the principal was shorter, like an hour.

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shelby County School District.

There really were not any questions. I was asked about previous driving and if I had valid CDL.

No negotiation. Started immediately.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shelby County School District.

Hiring process was relatively quick. They wanted to know you were able to problem solve in unconventional ways and use a good, solid foundation of understanding educational strategies.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle discipline problems in your classroom?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Shelby County School District in October 2009.

During the hiring process, scenarios were given and I was asked what would I do in those particular situations. I was also asked about past teaching experience. I was asked to complete a sample lesson plan.

Interview Questions
    • Because the interview was so long ago, I can't recall a difficult question. I will say the interviewer was slightly intimidating, but I think this was a tactic to determine if I would fold under pressure.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiable phase. The offer was firm.