Shell Canada Engineering Interview Questions

4.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Shell Canada.

phone interview with many behavioural questions

Interview Questions
  • whats the biggest mistake you've made in a previous job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shell Canada

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Shell Canada.

CART criteria. Started with achievements. Ask what's your greatest achievement, then go into great depth, such as what challenges did you need to overcome, how do you prioritize the steps, how did you measure your own success. Nothing surprising. Then relationships. These are all behavioral questions, they want workers who are able to communicate with diverse groups of people. Once again, nothing unexpected, typical ones such as conflict resolution, time you had to explain a difficult task to someone, etc... toughest part of the interview is at the end, where they give you 4 case studies and drill you on one. I honestly don't remember any of the topics, but it's nearly impossible to prepare for. No questions about company knowledge or my work history, which I found very odd. As far as EIT programs go, shell has one of the worst ones I had ever heard of, I was quite disinterested in the position and the company when I did my interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case study questions were quite difficult (can't prepare for, some of them require knowledge about the topic). They really, really want you to elaborate on your answers and see problems from a global viewpoint.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shell Canada in January 2012.

Very detailed, and informative. Interviewers try to put you at ease so you can answer all their questions. Most of the communication is via email at first, until the offer stage.
    Phone interview, then group interview.Takes a while but worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • describe a conflict in the field during a job, and tell us how you handled it   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Shell Canada in September 2011.

Had a 3-hour interview with manager & HR. It revolved around the information my resume + behavioural questions. Pretty elaborate, I would say. Interview was held in a very professional manner, both HR & manager took lots of notes. Prior to an interview had to sign-off background check release for the verification of education, employment history & references and for criminal record check, and also was requested to provide two copies of ID. Got an offer with sign-off bonus. With an offer I received new forms for background check, a separate form for drug test, and a request to provide copy of the degree certificate.

Interview Questions
    • You are a CEO. There is a press-conference, related to an accident, involving your equipment. One of the journalists stated that your company buys cheap parts and makes profit by saving on safety. Your response? Note that the response will be translated on TV.   View Answer

My current employer counter-offered (salary increase, additional week of vacations + promotion). Offer from Shell was VERY good, but the counter-offer was better.

Worked for Shell Canada? Contribute to the Community!