Shell Chemicals Interview Questions

3.3

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norco, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norco, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell Chemicals in February 2011.

The interview consist of two people asking me questions. They both took turn asking me. the first question they ask was " so tell us about yourself. when they ask you that they dont want to know your whole life story. they really want to know about yourself dealing with the field you are interviewing for. you must tell them why they should hire you out of thousands who are applying for the same position.

Interview Questions
    • What should we hire you and not the other candiates?   View Answer

Business Intelligence Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shell Chemicals.

typical behavioural questions

Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shell Chemicals in August 2012.

From interviews to hiring, it will take about 5 months. First interview was on technical knowledge and that is to see where your skills are. Second interview is to test on attitude towards your job and to see if the working environment suits you. It is also a session to get know know each other better.

Interview Questions
    • Please kindly explain what makes stainless steel to be resistant on corrosion.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was done but not much adjusment was made from the initial offer.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shell Chemicals in September 2011.

The interview process was easy. The application process was completed through the internet.
    The company responded fast when there was a difficulty in booking for an interview slot.
    The interview process consist of a phone interview, and then the shell recruitment day if you pass the phone interview.
    Be prepared.

Administration/Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shell Chemicals in October 2009.

I applied online and I heard from the HR team about 2 months later.
    However, once HR reacted on it, the first interview was arranged within 1 week.
    The first interview was one on one and the lady was very sincere.
    Overall, I felt good and positive after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Questions asked were fairly generic which asked about my goals in life and what I was looking out for in my career.   Answer Question

I already had another job offer and thus did not agree to participate in Shell Recruitment Day.

Fire Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Shell Chemicals in September 2009.

I first of all submitted my application online. After some months the company called me up for an interview. I got well prepared for the interview andwent. I was tested with 75 questions which ranges fro easy to hard questions. I started from the easy ones and left up to 5 questions unanswered. I would rather adive other that any time they are going for such interview, they should first concentrate on the easy questions or the questions they know best so that they will not be choked with time.