Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Shell Chemicals
- Plant Engineer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Process Operator (1)
- Business Intelligence (1)
- Fire Safety Engineer (1)
- Administration/Graduate Scheme (1)
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell Chemicals (Norco, LA) in February 2011.
The interview consist of two people asking me questions. They both took turn asking me. the first question they ask was " so tell us about yourself. when they ask you that they dont want to know your whole life story. they really want to know about yourself dealing with the field you are interviewing for. you must tell them why they should hire you out of thousands who are applying for the same position.
- What should we hire you and not the other candiates? 1 Answer
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Shell Chemicals.
typical behavioural questions
- there wasnt any Answer Question
- Accepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell Chemicals (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2012.
From interviews to hiring, it will take about 5 months. First interview was on technical knowledge and that is to see where your skills are. Second interview is to test on attitude towards your job and to see if the working environment suits you. It is also a session to get know know each other better.
- Please kindly explain what makes stainless steel to be resistant on corrosion. Answer Question
Negotiation was done but not much adjusment was made from the initial offer.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell Chemicals in September 2011.
The interview process was easy. The application process was completed through the internet. The company responded fast when there was a difficulty in booking for an interview slot. The interview process consist of a phone interview, and then the shell recruitment day if you pass the phone interview. Be prepared.
- Say two things that your peers have commended you on. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell Chemicals (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2009.
I applied online and I heard from the HR team about 2 months later. However, once HR reacted on it, the first interview was arranged within 1 week. The first interview was one on one and the lady was very sincere. Overall, I felt good and positive after the interview.
- There was no difficult question. Questions asked were fairly generic which asked about my goals in life and what I was looking out for in my career. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I already had another job offer and thus did not agree to participate in Shell Recruitment Day.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shell Chemicals (Port Harcourt (Nigeria)) in September 2009.
I first of all submitted my application online. After some months the company called me up for an interview. I got well prepared for the interview andwent. I was tested with 75 questions which ranges fro easy to hard questions. I started from the easy ones and left up to 5 questions unanswered. I would rather adive other that any time they are going for such interview, they should first concentrate on the easy questions or the questions they know best so that they will not be choked with time.
- What is your salary expectations? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review