Shell

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in April 2013.

Interview Details – Once you make it past the online assessments, I also had an in person interview at a conference and then was invited to SRD. It was honestly crazy and to break people down literally for 8 hours with different exercises and you still may not get the job.

Interview Question – It was more of being under pressure than anything.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in February 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – Houw do you function in stressful situations   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 15 mins. The first 55 mins is basic behavior questions. Such like:
1. The most difficult thing
2. The most successful thing

Following 15 mins is choosing 1 topic from four topics which are about globel research group, CO2 emission. Cannot remember clearly.

In the last 5 mins, the interviewer will answer questions

Interview Questions

State College, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Shell in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very structural. The interviewer act as a tape recorder. He read the question out from papers and wrote down your responds without maintaining eye contact. I found if very difficult to build my answers as if I was talking to a wall.

Interview Question – Describe the situation when you have to work with different groups?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Shell in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted first of a one on one interview after a job fair. A couple months later there was an interview that lasted 2 days. The first day was general information from HR. The second day consisted of a one on one skills and past experience interview, a case study followed by a short presentation with questions from a panel, and a teamwork exercise. Overall very challenging.

Interview Question – If the company were to face [problem], what would your short, medium, and long term solutions be to solve it and why?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shell in June 2009.

Interview Details – Not much of details. It was short and I was not prepared well

Interview Questions

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shell in December 2007.

Interview Details – I received a phone call a few weeks after applying online. I had a phone interview, very structured. I was asked a lot of team work and leadership questions, and then I was given the choice between 4 topics, and asked many questions about it. The second interview was all day. It was a lot of team work, they give you a case study and one hour to read it and analyze it and then you have to present your findings and answer a lot of questions.

Interview Question – If I had one million dollars to donate (from the company) how would I donate them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Shell in March 2013.

Interview Details – First applied on their website, it took some days before they contacted me, although those who took the tests early got contacted early. Then you Take some IQ tests, a management kind of test. and some and then a speed test

Interview Question – Speed Test   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – Our aim: be close to our employees, and initiate this proximity from the very first contact with the candidates.
• Our “typical recruitment process”: a complete process in 4 steps marked by meetings with HR professionals and line managers/metiers.
This process, set up by the Group, can be adapted to subsidiaries and countries.
• Our recruitment: as this decision will be important to the Group over the following years, it will be taken jointly with all parties.

Interview Question – scenario planning   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non nego

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – On campus interview, then invitation to Shell Recruitment Day: 3 parts: case study, technical interview, group work. The case study was the most intensive, you get 1 hour to read lots of random information, then present it to your assessors. Group work and technical interview were not too bad, just pick projects for the technical interview that you remember well. Around 6 assessors rate you on a scale of 1-5, if you pass, you get an offer typically.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions. Practice a little for the case study.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!