Shell

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norco, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Shell in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had a basic phone interview with one of the Shell HR managers. First we went through my resume, and I had a chance to explain some of my accomplishments.

After that, I had to answer Shell's CAR interview method. There was one question regarding Capacity, Accomplishments, and Relationships.

After the interview, I heard back the next day with a informal offer. After about a week, I received a formal offer.

Interview Questions

New Orleans, LA

The process took a day - interviewed at Shell in March 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for an internship on the Shell website and was contacted about an interview about 2 wks after.

The interview took place on campus with one recruiter and lasted about 30-45 minutes. The interviewer ran through my resume and asked me questions about specific jobs and classes I had in the past. There were also a list of behavioral questions. The final part of the interview consisted of a hypothetical situation in which I was the CEO and had to make major strategical decisions to address a certain issue such global warming or peak oil.

I was offered an internship over the phone about a week later and accepted.

The next step was to complete a series of pre-employment forms, a back ground check, and a drug screen (hair test).

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Global warming as a result of carbon emissions is scientifically accepted how should the company focus its over all strategy to handle such a situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Shell in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of an interviewer who wrote my responses down to send to someone who would review the responses and decide whether I got the job. The questions were typical behavioral questions with a heavy focus on teamwork, and the last question was a very broad case question in which you were asked to solve some large-scale (worldwide) problem.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to communicate with people in a way that you are not used to.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shell

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!

Shell Videos

Shell – Why Work for Us?

Global energy demand is rising and so are consumer expectations – more people want energy from cleaner sources. At Shell we work with others to unlock new energy sources and make the most of what we have. We do this in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shell Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shell employees and interview candidates.