Shell

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norco, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norco, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in February 2012.

I had a basic phone interview with one of the Shell HR managers. First we went through my resume, and I had a chance to explain some of my accomplishments.

After that, I had to answer Shell's CAR interview method. There was one question regarding Capacity, Accomplishments, and Relationships.

After the interview, I heard back the next day with a informal offer. After about a week, I received a formal offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in March 2008.

I applied for an internship on the Shell website and was contacted about an interview about 2 wks after.

The interview took place on campus with one recruiter and lasted about 30-45 minutes. The interviewer ran through my resume and asked me questions about specific jobs and classes I had in the past. There were also a list of behavioral questions. The final part of the interview consisted of a hypothetical situation in which I was the CEO and had to make major strategical decisions to address a certain issue such global warming or peak oil.

I was offered an internship over the phone about a week later and accepted.

The next step was to complete a series of pre-employment forms, a back ground check, and a drug screen (hair test).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you have faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Global warming as a result of carbon emissions is scientifically accepted how should the company focus its over all strategy to handle such a situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in October 2011.

The interview consisted of an interviewer who wrote my responses down to send to someone who would review the responses and decide whether I got the job. The questions were typical behavioral questions with a heavy focus on teamwork, and the last question was a very broad case question in which you were asked to solve some large-scale (worldwide) problem.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to communicate with people in a way that you are not used to.   Answer Question