Shell

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

3.4

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shell in October 2014.

I applied online, was then requested to take a couple of online test (behavioral and technical), got an on campus interview, I am currently waiting to hear back from the company

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me a time you had to make a difficult decision by a certain deadline"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shell in September 2014.

Applied for the position online through their website. Later received two assessments that had to be completed online. In first, you're given different industry scenarios and you have to come up with a response. Second assessment is more analytical based. Later, got a call the next day for an interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to form a relationship with someone to accomplish something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in September 2014.

On campus interview. Very inflexible. Not a conversation style. The person read out a bunch of standard behavior questions and write down everything you said. You can ask the person questions later after answering the questions. This is different than my other internship interviews. No technical questions. At first I feel uncomfortable but later get used to the style.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavior questions like tell me one time that you go beyond your responsibility and take leadership. And other questions like how do you see your career path? But there are a lot of questions and it is timed.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Shell in July 2013.

I initially applied online for the position. Within 4 weeks I was invited to take part in a telephone interview. The interview lasted approximated 1 hour and was very detailed from a technical standpoint.

Around 4 weeks after the telephone interview I was invited to go to a final assessment. This was made up of three sections and lasted around 2 hours. The first section was a short presentation on my professional history and previous projects. The second was another round of technical questions based on the core competences required for the job, and the third was more behavioral based questions. The interviewers were looking for specific examples from past employment experiences.

Again around 4 weeks after the interview I received a call with a verbal offer.

The entire interview process was all done based on a predefined list of questions. There was not really much deviation from this.

Total process took around 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • I was ask to talk about a time when I have been unable to cope with a work related situation. In hindsight easy enough to answer.   Answer Question
    I probably should have negotiated more!!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Shell in April 2013.

Once you make it past the online assessments, I also had an in person interview at a conference and then was invited to SRD. It was honestly crazy and to break people down literally for 8 hours with different exercises and you still may not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of being under pressure than anything.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shell in October 2011.

The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 15 mins. The first 55 mins is basic behavior questions. Such like:
    1. The most difficult thing
    2. The most successful thing

Following 15 mins is choosing 1 topic from four topics which are about globel research group, CO2 emission. Cannot remember clearly.

In the last 5 mins, the interviewer will answer questions

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in September 2011.

The interview was very structural. The interviewer act as a tape recorder. He read the question out from papers and wrote down your responds without maintaining eye contact. I found if very difficult to build my answers as if I was talking to a wall.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the situation when you have to work with different groups?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shell in April 2011.

The interview consisted first of a one on one interview after a job fair. A couple months later there was an interview that lasted 2 days. The first day was general information from HR. The second day consisted of a one on one skills and past experience interview, a case study followed by a short presentation with questions from a panel, and a teamwork exercise. Overall very challenging.

Interview Questions
    • If the company were to face [problem], what would your short, medium, and long term solutions be to solve it and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shell in February 2011.

3 interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in June 2009.

Not much of details. It was short and I was not prepared well