Shell Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

3.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Shell in July 2013.

I initially applied online for the position. Within 4 weeks I was invited to take part in a telephone interview. The interview lasted approximated 1 hour and was very detailed from a technical standpoint.

Around 4 weeks after the telephone interview I was invited to go to a final assessment. This was made up of three sections and lasted around 2 hours. The first section was a short presentation on my professional history and previous projects. The second was another round of technical questions based on the core competences required for the job, and the third was more behavioral based questions. The interviewers were looking for specific examples from past employment experiences.

Again around 4 weeks after the interview I received a call with a verbal offer.

The entire interview process was all done based on a predefined list of questions. There was not really much deviation from this.

Total process took around 4 months.

Interview Questions
  • I was ask to talk about a time when I have been unable to cope with a work related situation. In hindsight easy enough to answer.   Answer Question
I probably should have negotiated more!!

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in April 2013.

Once you make it past the online assessments, I also had an in person interview at a conference and then was invited to SRD. It was honestly crazy and to break people down literally for 8 hours with different exercises and you still may not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of being under pressure than anything.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in February 2011.

3 interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2011.

The phone interview lasted about 1 hour and 15 mins. The first 55 mins is basic behavior questions. Such like:
    1. The most difficult thing
    2. The most successful thing

Following 15 mins is choosing 1 topic from four topics which are about globel research group, CO2 emission. Cannot remember clearly.

In the last 5 mins, the interviewer will answer questions

Anonymous Employee  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Shell in September 2011.

The interview was very structural. The interviewer act as a tape recorder. He read the question out from papers and wrote down your responds without maintaining eye contact. I found if very difficult to build my answers as if I was talking to a wall.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the situation when you have to work with different groups?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Shell in April 2011.

The interview consisted first of a one on one interview after a job fair. A couple months later there was an interview that lasted 2 days. The first day was general information from HR. The second day consisted of a one on one skills and past experience interview, a case study followed by a short presentation with questions from a panel, and a teamwork exercise. Overall very challenging.

Interview Questions
    • If the company were to face [problem], what would your short, medium, and long term solutions be to solve it and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Shell in June 2009.

Not much of details. It was short and I was not prepared well

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shell in December 2007.

I received a phone call a few weeks after applying online. I had a phone interview, very structured. I was asked a lot of team work and leadership questions, and then I was given the choice between 4 topics, and asked many questions about it. The second interview was all day. It was a lot of team work, they give you a case study and one hour to read it and analyze it and then you have to present your findings and answer a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
    • If I had one million dollars to donate (from the company) how would I donate them?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Shell in March 2013.

First applied on their website, it took some days before they contacted me, although those who took the tests early got contacted early. Then you Take some IQ tests, a management kind of test. and some and then a speed test

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Shell.

Our aim: be close to our employees, and initiate this proximity from the very first contact with the candidates.
    • Our “typical recruitment process”: a complete process in 4 steps marked by meetings with HR professionals and line managers/metiers.
    This process, set up by the Group, can be adapted to subsidiaries and countries.
    • Our recruitment: as this decision will be important to the Group over the following years, it will be taken jointly with all parties.

non nego

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!