Shell Global Solutions

Shell Global Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.3

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shell Global Solutions (The Hague (Netherlands)) in January 2015.

Interview

I would say the interview with Shell was the most challenging interview I ever had. However, they are pretty structured questions, the difficult part is the follow-up questions, because you never know what questions they would throw out at you in regards to your previous answers. I had two interviews, the first one was with hiring managers for one hour - very general questions, more related to personality type of questions. After I was selected for the final, I was asked to attend the video conference with all the interviewers sit in different region. The interview lasted for two hours, with the questions related to work experience, and leadership attributes.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years time? and why?   Answer Question

Technical HSE Engineer Interview

Interview

Nothing much, technically the manager knew very less

Interview Questions

Interview

1. Applying through website
    2. CV and cover letter upload
    3. Phone interview
    4. Face to face interview
    5 Assessment Center

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shell Global Solutions (Port Harcourt (Nigeria)) in August 2013.

Interview

applied through the company's website, got shortlisted for for online tests. after that was called up for a phone interview. then went for SRD shell recruitment day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to work with people bearing in mind their religious status.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shell Global Solutions (Delhi (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Filed the form on the website, followed by online assessment tests. You only get the second test after you successfully complete the tests. The first test is mostly situational, so does not need technical knowledge. But do it carefully as some of my friends did not get the second test

Global Graduate Interview

Interview

Applied with my resumee, got an invitation a week later, the interview another two weeks later. It was a single interview of an hour for a graduate internship. The interview was short and efficiënt: a few questions about my study phase, followed by questions to test my ability to predict my behavior as a manager based on past experience and a business case. The interviewer was able to give me elaborate feedback by phone, after I'd asked for it.

Interview Questions

• Business case; "Imagine you're the CEO. Think of the issue 'Local Governments'." Follow-up questions were basically 'What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats'.   1 Answer

Research en development engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shell Global Solutions (The Hague (Netherlands)).

Interview

Twee gesprekken. Het eerste was via de telefoon, het tweede was in het kantoor. Het eerste gesprek omvatte vragen over projecten, uitdagingen, motivatie. Het tweede bestond uit een technische presentatie, een gestructureerd gesprek met vragen over mijn houding en een casestudie. Alle interviewers waren aardig en positief. De vragen waren standaard. De focus lag op de leiderschaps- en communicatieve, en niet op technische vaardigheden.

Two interviews. First is by phone, second is in the office. First interview includes questions about projects, challenges, motivation. The second consists of technical presentation, structured interview with behaviour questions and case study. All interviewers are nice and positive. The questions are typical. The focus is on the leadership and communication skills and not on technical skills.

Interview Questions

• De discussie over de casestudie was stressvol, het lijkt erop dat interviewers altijd meer verwachten dan je hebt gezegd.   Case study discussion is stressfull, it seems that interviewers always expect more than you've said.   Answer Question

Proces engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Hague (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Shell Global Solutions (The Hague (Netherlands)) in February 2012.

Interview

Ik had me via hun website aangemeld als een net afgestudeerde. Ze reageerden binnen enkele dagen om te zeggen dat mijn profiel was gekozen voor een interview. Daarna moest ik echter echt contact opzoeken om zo vroeg mogelijk een interview te plannen. Tot slot werd ik geïnterviewd over de telefoon (wat vreemd was gezien het feit dat ik in NL was). Het interview is net zoals ze het hebben vermeld op hun carrièrepagina.

I had applied through their website as a fresh graduate. They responded within few days saying that my profile was shortlisted for an interview. However, after that I really had to follow up with them to schedule the interview at the earliest. Finally I got interviewed over telephone (which was strange considering that I was in NL). The interview is just as they have mentioned it on their careers page.

Interview Questions

• De enige verrassing was dat de interviewer aan het einde vroeg welke locatie mijn voorkeur had. Op dat moment kreeg ik pas te weten dat het interview geldt voor elke locatie wereldwijd.   The only surprise was that at the end the interviewer asked me for my preferred location. Only at that point I got to know that the interview is for any location world over.   Answer Question

Praktikant Ingenieurwesen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shell Global Solutions (Hamburg (Germany)) in January 2012.

Interview

Bewerben Sie sich über die Website von Shell. Dann die Interview-Phase mit Teilhabern aus GB.

Apply through Shell's website. Then interview stage with stake holders from the UK.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shell Global Solutions in December 2011.

Interview

It was very enjoyable experience!
    It is necessary to be prepared to describe different situations from your working or student life and what you have learnt from them. Your actions, ways you communicate, strengths,weaknesses, mistakes and improvements you have introduced. It is useful to read the last year report to be prepared for discussion of one of four topics.
    During the first task of SRD, it is necessary to read very fast and try to select only 2 or 3 main issues which are discussed in papers you are given. Having 2 issues, it is easier to propose strategies, which should be short and clear.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation when you changed your communication style   Answer Question