Shell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was chosen for an on-campus interview. Once I did that, they called me up for an SRD. I turned it down twice due to scheduling, but finally they called me a third time and I went.

Interview Question – It was a rapid firing of questions, but overall not too difficult. Just be sure to prepare plenty of stories for the different behavioral questions that they would ask you.   Answer Question

Commercial Upstream Analyst Interview

Commercial Upstream Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – After all of the hoops were jumped through to get me in there Houston office, my recruitment day began. It was a long, intensive process with multiple parts. It is much more behavioral than technical. There is a case analysis, two behavioral interviews, a group interview, and a few technical things on the computer that are done.

Interview Question – For me the most difficult questions are always the ones that aren't technical. "Where do you see yourself being in 5 years within this company, etc."   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Shell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. The questions seemed to be based on the candidate having a complete understanding of not only Shell, but also all oil refinement for an Entry Level position.

Interview Question – All questions seemed very detailed and pertained to only oil and gas production.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shell Graduate Programmer Interview

Shell Graduate Programmer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shell in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took 2 online assessments and submitted my resume. Took another few months before I was scheduled for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and was then invited to a Shell Recruitment Day in Houston, TX. You are asked to complete an eTray assessment which consists of a multiple choice section and a written section. Then, you have an interview about the eTray which you took. After that, you work on a group to solve a problem. You have a competency based interview, then a case study to complete. Challenging interview on all accounts.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had a work on a diverse team. What did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Senior Geologist Interview

Senior Geologist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – Hired as an experienced professional; applied through Shell.com, 30 minutes of phone interview; 4 hours of office interview including presentation, behavior interview with HR and team lead, and met with future team members.

Shell Recruitment Day for Graduates Interview

Shell Recruitment Day for Graduates
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, apply online and if you meet the minimum requirements you will receive an e-mail to take the online assessment (which is difficult). If you pass you will be asked to complete a face-to-face or over the phone interview. If you pass that, then you will be invited to the Shell Recruitment Day where you must go through a series of group and individual case study analysis' and interviews. It was a challenging day but very enjoyable if you are right for the job. Best advice, just be yourself!

Interview Question – Completing the E-tray. A timed email like inbox that you must manage and reply to the incoming emails to the best of your ability. Don't over think them... you will waste valuable time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate. The offer was generous.

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in February 2013.

Interview Details – In the interview process you're only competing against yourself.

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Information Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – I'm a college senior and was looking for a full-time position.

The process had several parts:

1. Online Application - Pretty standard application for any position. You upload your resume and fill out any pertinent information.

2. Online Assessments - After the application, you get an email to take an online assessment. You are asked about different scenarios, and choose what you would do. Afterwards, you get another email to take a second assessment. This one was more mathematical. If you pass them, you move forward.

3. On Campus Face to Face Interview - I was asked behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and enthusiastic about her career at Shell. Afterwards, I got an email saying that they were matching me to possible positions. I imagine this means I was on hold as they reviewed my qualifications.

4. Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) - I was invited by email and asked to stay at a nice hotel for the night near Shell Headquarters so I could attend a pre-SRD presentation/information session, then a dinner with recent hires, and be at my best early the next morning for SRD. They fly you in if you live very far away, or get a car to pick you up if you're close enough. This day was not evaluated.

The next day, I participated in the actual evaluated SRD event. The day consists of an online exercise, a group exercise, a case study presentation, and a final interview with two assessors.

I really enjoyed it. It was an amazing experience.

Interview Question – Case Study Presentation   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Summer IT Intern Interview

Summer IT Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through website and got an email back after 3 weeks requesting a telephone interview. The telephone interview was completely behavioral and was over quickly.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work with a diverse team. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and completed and online assessment based on behavioral scenarios and math competency. About 1 month later, I received an email for an on-campus interview with Shell. The recruiter asked many behavioral questions and didn't interact much.
Tip: Make sure you think of a few key behavioral questions and practice them before hand. Also, be prepared to answer follow up questions from the recruiter.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took initiative? Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? When did you work in a group where you had a leader with a different working style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for interns.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shell

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!

Shell Videos

Shell – Why Work for Us?

Global energy demand is rising and so are consumer expectations – more people want energy from cleaner sources. At Shell we work with others to unlock new energy sources and make the most of what we have. We do this in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shell interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shell employees and interview candidates.