Shell Interview Questions in Houston, TX

3.6

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Shell.

I applied online, and was chosen for an on-campus interview. Once I did that, they called me up for an SRD. I turned it down twice due to scheduling, but finally they called me a third time and I went.

Interview Questions
    • It was a rapid firing of questions, but overall not too difficult. Just be sure to prepare plenty of stories for the different behavioral questions that they would ask you.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Shell in March 2014.

Phone interview: was told they were not interested in talking about my work experience since they already had my resume (?). Fifteen minutes into the interview I was asked about what I liked about work, when I replied I enjoyed problem solving the interviewer immediately told me they were looking for someone who did not want challenging work and ended the interview. (What kind of company wants to hire someone who does want challenging work???)

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Shell.

Hired as an experienced professional; applied through Shell.com, 30 minutes of phone interview; 4 hours of office interview including presentation, behavior interview with HR and team lead, and met with future team members.

Shell Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shell in February 2014.

Took 2 online assessments and submitted my resume. Took another few months before I was scheduled for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and was then invited to a Shell Recruitment Day in Houston, TX. You are asked to complete an eTray assessment which consists of a multiple choice section and a written section. Then, you have an interview about the eTray which you took. After that, you work on a group to solve a problem. You have a competency based interview, then a case study to complete. Challenging interview on all accounts.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had a work on a diverse team. What did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shell.

I'm a college senior and was looking for a full-time position.

The process had several parts:

1. Online Application - Pretty standard application for any position. You upload your resume and fill out any pertinent information.

2. Online Assessments - After the application, you get an email to take an online assessment. You are asked about different scenarios, and choose what you would do. Afterwards, you get another email to take a second assessment. This one was more mathematical. If you pass them, you move forward.

3. On Campus Face to Face Interview - I was asked behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and enthusiastic about her career at Shell. Afterwards, I got an email saying that they were matching me to possible positions. I imagine this means I was on hold as they reviewed my qualifications.

4. Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) - I was invited by email and asked to stay at a nice hotel for the night near Shell Headquarters so I could attend a pre-SRD presentation/information session, then a dinner with recent hires, and be at my best early the next morning for SRD. They fly you in if you live very far away, or get a car to pick you up if you're close enough. This day was not evaluated.

The next day, I participated in the actual evaluated SRD event. The day consists of an online exercise, a group exercise, a case study presentation, and a final interview with two assessors.

I really enjoyed it. It was an amazing experience.

No negotiation.

Shell Recruitment Day for Graduates Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

First, apply online and if you meet the minimum requirements you will receive an e-mail to take the online assessment (which is difficult). If you pass you will be asked to complete a face-to-face or over the phone interview. If you pass that, then you will be invited to the Shell Recruitment Day where you must go through a series of group and individual case study analysis' and interviews. It was a challenging day but very enjoyable if you are right for the job. Best advice, just be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Completing the E-tray. A timed email like inbox that you must manage and reply to the incoming emails to the best of your ability. Don't over think them... you will waste valuable time.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate. The offer was generous.

Product Steward Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shell.

Had two phone interviews and then two F2F Interviewes.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about yor last supervisor?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

I applied online and completed and online assessment based on behavioral scenarios and math competency. About 1 month later, I received an email for an on-campus interview with Shell. The recruiter asked many behavioral questions and didn't interact much.
    Tip: Make sure you think of a few key behavioral questions and practice them before hand. Also, be prepared to answer follow up questions from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you took initiative? Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? When did you work in a group where you had a leader with a different working style?   Answer Question
    No negotiations for interns.

Commercial Upstream Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

After all of the hoops were jumped through to get me in there Houston office, my recruitment day began. It was a long, intensive process with multiple parts. It is much more behavioral than technical. There is a case analysis, two behavioral interviews, a group interview, and a few technical things on the computer that are done.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult questions are always the ones that aren't technical. "Where do you see yourself being in 5 years within this company, etc."   Answer Question

Summer IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Applied online through website and got an email back after 3 weeks requesting a telephone interview. The telephone interview was completely behavioral and was over quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a diverse team. How did you handle it?   View Answer