Shell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was chosen for an on-campus interview. Once I did that, they called me up for an SRD. I turned it down twice due to scheduling, but finally they called me a third time and I went.

Interview Question – It was a rapid firing of questions, but overall not too difficult. Just be sure to prepare plenty of stories for the different behavioral questions that they would ask you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Yuma, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – Manager was polite, understanding of employment gap on my resume. Explained job details clearly. Discussed situations that arise & how to handle them, basic safety policy, special circumstances regarding availability.

Interview Question – I was asked why I had left my previous job after 7 years. I answered without going into too personal details and she was very understanding and could relate to "curves we are thrown when family issues arise".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – slightly above asking hrly rate. Lower than pay rate when I left my previous job.

Very Difficult Interview

Commercial Upstream Analyst Interview

Commercial Upstream Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – After all of the hoops were jumped through to get me in there Houston office, my recruitment day began. It was a long, intensive process with multiple parts. It is much more behavioral than technical. There is a case analysis, two behavioral interviews, a group interview, and a few technical things on the computer that are done.

Interview Question – For me the most difficult questions are always the ones that aren't technical. "Where do you see yourself being in 5 years within this company, etc."   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Germany, GA

Interviewed at Shell

Interview Details – There were three electronic tests. The first one was a pesonality test. The next two following were about decision making (not limited in time) and a numerical test which was limited in time. An interview of a duration of approx. an hour followed on it. All the procedures were hold in English.

Interview Question – the usual questions   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within. I had an interview with my district manager once I was recommended by store manager.

Interview Question – There really wasent to many question since I knew the DM. She pretty much told me how it was being a assistant manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasent a negotiation, because I did not negotiate which I should have.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Chino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Shell in September 2012.

Interview Details – Asked what hours I was available.

Negotiation Details – There was none, I was excited to get hired.

Petroleum Engineer Intern Interview

Petroleum Engineer Intern
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Shell in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had been contacted by a recruiter on campus. I went through the well-documented online process. As a sophomore, positions are limited and even more competitive than usual, but I got a call with an interview time within a week of completing the online assessment (Fall 2013). The interview was fairly straightforward but the interviewer was fairly boring and seemed disinterested in his role. Definitely got an unlucky draw on the interviewer. I ended up getting rolled into next Fall's selection and accepted a position with a different company.

Interview Question – Describe an experience where you overcame a multicultural divide to accomplish a challenge.   View Answer

MBA Experienced Hire Interview

MBA Experienced Hire

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – The process went very smoothly. Was contacted by a recruitment coordinator from the Houston office who helped set up my travel arrangements, and invited to the office for a two hour interview. The bulk of the interview was case-based, with a number of questions asking to identify stakeholders and provide strategies for addressing a certain problem at hand. The interviewers were very kind and accommodating.

Interview Question – What has been the key ingredient to your success   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just first round

Very Difficult Interview

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Shell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. The questions seemed to be based on the candidate having a complete understanding of not only Shell, but also all oil refinement for an Entry Level position.

Interview Question – All questions seemed very detailed and pertained to only oil and gas production.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Shell

Interview Details – Two part assessment - First Assessment occurred during the initial application phase, which was pretty straightforward to assess if your working style matches with that of the company. The second was an assessment of each department and had a quantitative test.

Interview Question – The overall quantitative test because there were 10 or so long word problems and about 10-15 minutes to complete them and the questions seemed more for individuals who majored in finance.   Answer Question

Worked for Shell? Contribute to the Community!