Shell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Interview

Operations
Houma, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shell in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is entirely by telephone. No one lays eyes on you until your first day on the job.

Interview Question – All questions were relevant to the position and expected. No "difficult" questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went to the career fair at Penn State, they were impressed with my resume, and invited me to a case competition later that night. Got an phone interview a couple weeks later. One hour long, I was interviewed by a boring man who just read off of a paper. Lots of behavioral questions. Name a time in which you have been challenged. It has to be recent, and they dont like repeats of the last behavioral situation. Then sub questions branched off that, who was involved, what part was the most challenging, why, etc.

Interview Question – Name a time in which you needed analytical skills to solve a problem.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – I worked for the company for many years. I advanced in my position by being there so long. I was there so long that i did not have to interview for the assistant manager position. It was given to me by having so much experience and being there so long.

Interview Question – I didn't have any questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – Started with two online assessment tests and proceed to campus interview. Have not heard from company after that.

Interview Question – Describe the time you have conflict with your teammates   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in February 2013.

Interview Details – In the interview process you're only competing against yourself.

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Information Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – I'm a college senior and was looking for a full-time position.

The process had several parts:

1. Online Application - Pretty standard application for any position. You upload your resume and fill out any pertinent information.

2. Online Assessments - After the application, you get an email to take an online assessment. You are asked about different scenarios, and choose what you would do. Afterwards, you get another email to take a second assessment. This one was more mathematical. If you pass them, you move forward.

3. On Campus Face to Face Interview - I was asked behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and enthusiastic about her career at Shell. Afterwards, I got an email saying that they were matching me to possible positions. I imagine this means I was on hold as they reviewed my qualifications.

4. Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) - I was invited by email and asked to stay at a nice hotel for the night near Shell Headquarters so I could attend a pre-SRD presentation/information session, then a dinner with recent hires, and be at my best early the next morning for SRD. They fly you in if you live very far away, or get a car to pick you up if you're close enough. This day was not evaluated.

The next day, I participated in the actual evaluated SRD event. The day consists of an online exercise, a group exercise, a case study presentation, and a final interview with two assessors.

I really enjoyed it. It was an amazing experience.

Interview Question – Case Study Presentation   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – The application first start from on-line application form. And then you will expect 2 emails with 3 on-line assignment. The first 2 is about decision making and personality. The last one is time constrained (finish within 18min) math problem. About 2 week later, I got a face to face interview. The on-campus face to face interview is pure behavior questions and some general questions. Since it is the alumina who conduct this interview, so it is pretty relax.

Interview Question – How do you overcome a challenge?
How do you handle criticism?
  Answer Question

Shell Graduate Recruitment: Upstream Commercial Interview

Shell Graduate Recruitment: Upstream Commercial

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shell in September 2013.

Interview Details – The procedure followed the outlines online.

The face-to-face interview included your standard behavioral questions. The interviewer was extremely professional. Took the time to explain what we would be doing that day, how the questions were layed out, and how to answer them. Was very relaxed and straight forward.

They followed up after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to convince a group of people to follow you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered a position within a technical role that did not fit my desires nor location preference at the time.

Very Easy Interview

Summer IT Intern Interview

Summer IT Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through website and got an email back after 3 weeks requesting a telephone interview. The telephone interview was completely behavioral and was over quickly.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work with a diverse team. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – I was invited to attend the SRD. It was a two-day event and is was very challenging. The first day we gathered in Shell building and HR gave us some orientation. And later we had dinner with some employees. Nothing would be assessed in that day. Actually they are going to assess your performance when they told you. Also, if you are a non-native, they would give you some extra reading time in some assessments. The first assessment is Etray. Basically you need to read the background information for 10 to 15 minutes, and reply 12 emails in 20 minutes. The reply are all multiple choices but its not listed like A,B,C,D, etc. You need to choice which one is the most effect to reply and which response is the least effect when you reply this email.
And then comes the self-reflection, group work, case study and a final interview.

Interview Question – it depends on their interview procedures.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shell