Shell Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.4

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germany, GA

Interview

There were three electronic tests. The first one was a pesonality test. The next two following were about decision making (not limited in time) and a numerical test which was limited in time. An interview of a duration of approx. an hour followed on it. All the procedures were hold in English.

MBA Experienced Hire Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shell.

Interview

The process went very smoothly. Was contacted by a recruitment coordinator from the Houston office who helped set up my travel arrangements, and invited to the office for a two hour interview. The bulk of the interview was case-based, with a number of questions asking to identify stakeholders and provide strategies for addressing a certain problem at hand. The interviewers were very kind and accommodating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just first round

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview: was told they were not interested in talking about my work experience since they already had my resume (?). Fifteen minutes into the interview I was asked about what I liked about work, when I replied I enjoyed problem solving the interviewer immediately told me they were looking for someone who did not want challenging work and ended the interview. (What kind of company wants to hire someone who does want challenging work???)

Intern Interview

Interview

Two part assessment - First Assessment occurred during the initial application phase, which was pretty straightforward to assess if your working style matches with that of the company. The second was an assessment of each department and had a quantitative test.

Interview Questions

• The overall quantitative test because there were 10 or so long word problems and about 10-15 minutes to complete them and the questions seemed more for individuals who majored in finance.   Answer Question

Title Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shell (Warrendale, PA).

Interview

Very disorganized interview process. Interview setup after holiday weekend, HR rep did not properly communicate to interviewing team. Showed up to Shell, interviewers not expecting to interview, not prepared. After interview spoke with HR rep, instead of scheduling proper interview decided to end process. Unprofessional, disorganized, and disrespectful of interviewees time.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were not prepared, no off the wall questions. General questions about experience.   1 Answer

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hired as an experienced professional; applied through Shell.com, 30 minutes of phone interview; 4 hours of office interview including presentation, behavior interview with HR and team lead, and met with future team members.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Shell (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Talked to a friend that worked in the company, and he passed my information onto HR. I got a call about 6 months later and they scheduled and internview and I havent heard anything back yet and its been about 2/3 months.

Interview Questions

• They were typical questions that he would pick out of a book.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

They immediately sent an email saying that I didn't meet their qualifications.

Shell Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Took 2 online assessments and submitted my resume. Took another few months before I was scheduled for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and was then invited to a Shell Recruitment Day in Houston, TX. You are asked to complete an eTray assessment which consists of a multiple choice section and a written section. Then, you have an interview about the eTray which you took. After that, you work on a group to solve a problem. You have a competency based interview, then a case study to complete. Challenging interview on all accounts.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had a work on a diverse team. What did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Applied online through the numerous steps. Heard back within a week to have an interview on campus. Had interview on campus which was what you'd expect. Typical interview questions you hear about, and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Can't really remember any of the questions specifically.   1 Answer