Shell

3.4

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

The application first start from on-line application form. And then you will expect 2 emails with 3 on-line assignment. The first 2 is about decision making and personality. The last one is time constrained (finish within 18min) math problem. About 2 week later, I got a face to face interview. The on-campus face to face interview is pure behavior questions and some general questions. Since it is the alumina who conduct this interview, so it is pretty relax.

Interview Questions
    • How do you overcome a challenge?
      How do you handle criticism?

Answer Question

Product Steward Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shell.

Had two phone interviews and then two F2F Interviewes.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about yor last supervisor?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

I applied online and completed and online assessment based on behavioral scenarios and math competency. About 1 month later, I received an email for an on-campus interview with Shell. The recruiter asked many behavioral questions and didn't interact much.
    Tip: Make sure you think of a few key behavioral questions and practice them before hand. Also, be prepared to answer follow up questions from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you took initiative? Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? When did you work in a group where you had a leader with a different working style?   Answer Question
    No negotiations for interns.

Commercial Upstream Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

After all of the hoops were jumped through to get me in there Houston office, my recruitment day began. It was a long, intensive process with multiple parts. It is much more behavioral than technical. There is a case analysis, two behavioral interviews, a group interview, and a few technical things on the computer that are done.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult questions are always the ones that aren't technical. "Where do you see yourself being in 5 years within this company, etc."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shell.

Shell's interview process was like any other of the majors. For the most part the interview was purely behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my group members thought of me in an example I was using.   Answer Question

Summer IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Applied online through website and got an email back after 3 weeks requesting a telephone interview. The telephone interview was completely behavioral and was over quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a diverse team. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

interviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Emailed a friend who worked for shell and he put me in contact with the recruiter at my school. I didn't hear from them in May when I applied, but they contacted me in September for a 1 on 1 interview. Have not heard anything from Shell yet. The session was timed, about 10 minutes for each question and at the end there is about 15 minutes for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions were picked out of a booklet that the interviewer had and he just wrote down notes as we went along. The session was timed, about 10 minutes for each question and at the end there is about 15 minutes for questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Most of the questions are behavior questions. Describe a challenging situation? How did you handle it? Tell me a time you had to deal with others? What is your greatest achievement? How do you work under pressure?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shell in October 2013.

Have to apply through online assessments. If you pass assessments, then you get an interview. The assessments arent too bad. The interview consisted of behaviorial questions. I started running out of scenarios to give them. Its a little redundant. But overall not too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you worked in a team with conflict and how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Shell.

Went to university career fair and got an interview opportunity on the spot. Interviewer was really nice and laid back. The interview was okay at first, but then got difficult at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Had to choose out of 3 topics and answer questions. They were unexpected topics like something that had to do with their business aspect.   Answer Question