Shell

155 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Shell.

Interview Details – very smooth hiring and interviewing process

Interview Question – not very hard questions, nice interviewers   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shell in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an interview at my school. Met with the interviewer and had a 45 minute or so interview. Mostly talking about past experience on resume, no tricky questions or brain teasers. The interviewer is instructed not to look at you or provide feedback so I ended up talking to the interviewers head as he wrote notes for 45 minutes straight. Test is really to see if you fit the culture of the company.

Interview Question – Not having the interviewer respond to my answers was a bit uncomfortable at first because its hard to tell how you are doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns. It took 3 months to hear back, to the point where I was days away from accepting a different offer, stay on top of them to figure out if you have an offer or not.

Engineering Internship Interview

Interviewed at Shell

Interview Details – I interviewed at a large career fair so there were many interviews in one day for both my interviewer and me. However, no other interviews were as formulaic and impersonal. I was asked questions rotely from a form and the interviewer seemed disinterested.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in April 2013.

Interview Details – Once you make it past the online assessments, I also had an in person interview at a conference and then was invited to SRD. It was honestly crazy and to break people down literally for 8 hours with different exercises and you still may not get the job.

Interview Question – It was more of being under pressure than anything.   View Answer

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shell in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online. Two days later I was sent an email with a link to an "online assessment" that had to be completed within one week. I completed the 72-question online assessment, pressed "submit," and instantly received an email telling me I'd been rejected and that I'm not allowed to apply again until 12 months later.

Interview Question – I'm a graduate student with no job experience in my field, so the online assessment was baffling, because it was full of questions apparently aimed at applicants who have been previously employed. For example, I'm pretty sure I've never delegated and assigned tasks to team members from different departments working on the same project, but there were plenty of questions asking about how good I am at doing tasks like that.   View Answer

Process Chemist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview that was straightforward in asking about my experience, why I'm looking for a job, and what my future goals are. A week later I was invited for a site interview with the hiring managers and HR. Pre-determined questions were asked while each person wrote down my answers. Most questions dealt with personal scenarios, e.g. "tell me a time when....". This was difficult to think of an experience that directly related to the situation given in the question. Finally, a case scenario was presented where I had to pretend to be in a situation, and explain how I would handle the challenges.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was enduring the hours of questioning and trying to come up with real life experiences. It was exhausting.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Interviewed at Shell

Interview Details – very very weird. they make you play a simulation game for the entire day. the group was mixed with all sorts of people applying for every type of position . it was a generally weird experience. they put you up in a hotel in downtown houston, which was nice. there were more people watching the interview than were being interviewed at all. i felt like a fish in a tank

Interview Question – the entire experience was bizarre   View Answer

Claims Analyst Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shell in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1hr initial phone screen interview with manager, technical specialist, and recruiter.
Within 2 weeks invited to in person final assessment with global manager, direct team lead, loss control lead and 2 hr team. 3 hour interview, 3 parts, technical review, personality review, and a case study.

Interview Question – Your CEO of global company when a major media event happens how do handle everything around it.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Geophysicist
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shell in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my application to the school career website and also the Shell website. Got a phone call one day afternoon and was notified that a face to face interview will take place soon. During the interview was asked some behavior questions like what challenge I faced when teaming up with someone. Didn't get any feedback until two months later when I got email saying that position was in the middle of being matched.

Interview Question – Any difficulty to face a challenge?   Answer Question