Shell

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in November 2011.

i had Phone interview with Shell. it was more technical and took about 30 minute. she asked me abut my academic background and my research

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Shell in March 2009.

If an applicant does well in their first stage interview they will be invited to the final selection stage, this is usually via an assessment day, which, in Eurpose, is most likely to take place at an assessment centre either in London, Aberdeen, The Hague, Norway or Germany. A Shell assessment day typically lasts from 8.30am to 5pm.

The assessment day involves case studies undertaken individually and a group exercise, with a break for lunch in the middle:

During the interview and assessment process your academic credentials and results will play almost no part in determining whether you're a suitable employee for Shell. These are only really important for getting past the online application stage. Your assessors will predominantly focus on analysing your CART skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shell in April 2008.

I had to apply through their company website, as opposed to the usual procedure of application/interviewing within my college's career-assistance center. My interview was over the telephone.

Interview Questions
    • Abstract Question: "What are the advantages of the US Space Program (NASA), and what would be the implications if it were to be decommissioned or shut down?"   Answer Question
    They sent me a packet in the mail with a detailed summary of salary and benefits offered; the salary was above-average, so there was no need for negotiation.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rijswijk, South Holland (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rijswijk, South Holland (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shell in June 2009.

Took very long to setup the interview after that had to wait quite some time for the result as well.
    The rest after this stage was well setup (SRD) and soon afterwards you get an answer if you got a job offer or not.
    Prepare well prepare for the questions, which all can be found online. But most importantly be honest, they do know when you lie! Check the Shell website what the most important aspects they looking for, they even give you some example questions, which they will ask during the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you worked in a team, and as a team you did not reach your objectives. What was your role/part of it and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    Not really possible as a graduate

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shell in August 2008.

Interview did not take long as I decided not to go ahead with the process. I got a better offer.

Interview Questions
    • A situation where you had to deal with a difficult boss   Answer Question