Sherwin Alumina

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Sherwin Alumina.

Interview Details – Paper work has to be done prior to the interview. There's a plant tour either before or after the interview. Interview went well, nothing too hard.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you were wrong and how did you correct yourself   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Electrician

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin Alumina.

Interview Details – General competency test, Electrical Technical test, hands on demonstration, then interview. If all passed, then physical ability screen, drug screen, and background check.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions on a specific events in your work history. They may be around safety, teamwork, what you liked or didn't like about your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. This job has a set pay that has been set by company/union agreement.

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin Alumina in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was flown to Corpus Christi, put up in a hotel and given a rental car which I thought was very impressive for the times. The interview started the next morning early and lasted until about an hour before my flight took off. The 2 panel interview was grueling at times but good. They lasted roughly an hour each. I also was taken to lunch and given a plant tour.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin Alumina in September 2011.

Interview Details – Career Fair interview: they asked if I had any experience in dealing with safety and plant operations in a manufacturing plant or petroleum plant, of which I had plenty of safety but lacked on plant side... The next questioned concerned whether or not I was willing to relocate to Corpus Christi Tx, of which I said I was totally open to. With that they said that I sounded like a great candidate and took my resume. Never heard back...

Interview Question – Do you have plant operations experience and safety training?   View Answer

Worked for Sherwin Alumina? Contribute to the Community!