Sherwin-Williams

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview with company recruiter then you will be asked to meet with district management. My district manager spent about 30 min asking experience and role playing questions and another 30 min on getting to know me and what kind of personality I had.

Interview Question – Nothing really threw me off guard. It was very laid back for the most part   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating at all

Charleston AFB, SC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2011.

Interview Details – Ask about you questions.

Interview Questions

Lafayette, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2009.

Interview Details – After I visited them at a job fair, I received an e-mail saying they would like to interview me. The interview was set up about a month in advance. At the interview, the interviewer seemed very impressed with my resume and my qualifications. He asked some behavioral questions (what have you done in this situation). About a week later, I received an e-mail saying that I wasn't offered a position, which was a shock to me, as the interview seemed to go very well (I guess they seem that way most of the time). My only thought is that maybe they were looking for someone less qualified to justify paying them less.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you handled a situation with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2010.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview 3 months later after I applied. Was e-mailed shortly afterward and got to do an in store visit to see if this is the place I'd like to work. Scheduled to have a face to face interview with the district manager, one week later I was made an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – When was the time you set a goal and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no room for negotiation, you get a set offer

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter for Sherwin-Williams after applying for the position of Store Manager. I found out that they were actually interviewing for the position of Assistant Store Manager. My initial contact was by email from the recruiter. I was asked to reply with a time that I could be contacted by phone. I gave the best time to call me, but received no further communication. I waited by the phone all day on the day I had mentioned. Eventually, another phone interview time was scheduled with the recruiter and he actually called that time. I was asked about my background and experience, then offered a store visit which required me to interview the store's Assistant Manager and Store Manager. I had to print out a packet of pre-arranged questions to ask the managers.

However, when I arrived, the Store Manager was not present and was actually half an hour late for the interview. The store was filthy and completely opposite of the store they show on their website. Every shelf and item in the store was dusty. There were even spider webs from the base plate of the gondolas to the dirty, unwaxed floor. One gondola even had a live spider on it's web. The store's presentation was very unprofessional. I should have understood then that there was something wrong with the company, but decided to move forward in the interview process anyway.

I was hired the next morning by another company I had been interviewing with several times this summer and informed the recruiter. The recruiter called me anyway, asked me who the other company ws, then asked me if I still had his contact information. I said I did and would consider Sherwin-Williams in the future. The other job I was hired for was a total sham. I quit that job before I even started. I got in touch with Sherwin-Williams to let them know that I was interested in resubmitting my candidacy. I got no response which seemed odd since the recruiter wanted me to have his contact information. I sent the recruiter another email a week after my first contact to show my interest once again. Half an hour later, I got a rejection from the Human Resources department saying the usual kiss-off stuff that Human Resource departments use.

The company looks severely understaffed and doesn't appear to care about the appearance of their stores. I would advise others to avoid applying with Sherwin-Williams. They, or at least the people I was involved with, seem unprofessional.

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview went well and consisted of a lot of scenario questions, such as "Tell me about a time where someone in a group effort was not pulling there weight and what did you do about it?" Then had an instore visit. I thought that went well, but the store manager I visited with was rude and acted like he did not want me there, then gave negative feedback back to the organization. They were very sketchy about the interview process, asking me to make a trip down to Idaho to do a face-to-face interview, but then never got in touch with me, and were difficult to get in touch with.

Interview Question – Name a time where you made a mistake, and what did you do to rectify it?   Answer Question

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!