Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. I completed the phone screening the next week and was told that I performed well and they wanted me to visit the district store in Orlando, Florida. I drove out there a little over 2 weeks later and interviewed with the city manager who told me I asked some pretty high level questions and he seemed pleased with me. A week after that I received another email prompting me to visit a local store in Gainesville to complete a store visit there. I visited the appropriate store and walked through a guide with the store manager. He was very informative and friendly and I left when we were finished there. I was offered the job about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you struggled with something and how did you overcome that situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through a phone screening process in which I had spoken about my past experience, level of education, and any type of past management experience. Then, after I was called to schedule my date for the 1 to 1 interview with the District Manager, I had to go into the district office. I was asked a series of question pertaining to past experience and education level again. After, this line of questioning most of the interview was focused on how I would help the store and generate more leads to increase accounts and revenue.

Interview Questions

• What is your education level?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Generally you have to drive to the district office of the store you are attempting to get into, depending on how far the drive it. Personally I've made over 6 hour drives for interviews. The District Managers are almost always pleasant, easing going, friendly and make the process easy and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer complaint, how did you handle it, was the issue resolved and was the customer satisfied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a 3 step process. The area HR recruiter interviews you with basic questions. Then you visit one of the stores to get the feel of what the job actual entails. Interview with the City Manager for the final one to get hired. Always ask a lot of questions as upper management wants to see that you are interested and continually learning through every process of the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Store Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Phila, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

first i was asked for a phone screening interviewed, then I set up a one on one with one of the city managers, then I was scheduled to visit a store and was interviewed by store manager and assistant. Then i had a follow up phone interview, and last I had an interview with the district manager. In my opinion the interviewing process was way too complex and long, and is not that way for everyone, I heard of other co workers that by passed all the interviews, and were hired because they knew someone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going within this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was asked a series of several personal questions followed by some professional experience related questions. I was asked to do a background check and also asked to do a drug test. Everything went very well overall. After the interview process, I was given an offer below what my requirements were. We negotiated a salary for about one hour, but finally I decided that they couldn't match my expectations. I decided not to pursue the job opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It takes about a month. You will be called by a recruiter and if you have a friend who works there have them push your resume. Second interview is a store interview so you can see if you like the place and then you will meet with the Distric Sales Manager

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Why do you want to be apart of Sherwin? How do you handle difficult customers ? How do you work under stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

3 step interview process. Pretty easy to get through just be courteous to everyone you meet and look professional. Being aware that you never know who you are going to meet is something anyone should keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• Being asked why you wanna work with people is always a bit strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. They wont let you.