Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a 3 step process. The area HR recruiter interviews you with basic questions. Then you visit one of the stores to get the feel of what the job actual entails. Interview with the City Manager for the final one to get hired. Always ask a lot of questions as upper management wants to see that you are interested and continually learning through every process of the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going within this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

3 step interview process. Pretty easy to get through just be courteous to everyone you meet and look professional. Being aware that you never know who you are going to meet is something anyone should keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• Being asked why you wanna work with people is always a bit strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. They wont let you.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

applied online, contacted by recruiter, set up phone interview. all behavior type questions related to customer service. set up a store visit with local store. super laid back and informative. lasted an hour. they send you a list of questions to ask and you go right down the list. email recruiter thanking him. then you will have another phone call with him, asking if your still interested. next, you set up interview with district manager, formal-suit, last an hour and more behavior questions, more in depth questins about yourself to see if youd be a good fit. email recruiter again thanking him and keeping him updated after every step. Offer the next day for 41,000. you start making salary the first day you start working even when youre training.

Interview Questions

• strenghts, weaknesses, overcame adversity with customer, excel at customer service, sales experience, sell boss on something, worked with non-cooperative, respond to angry customer, tunred negative into positive   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by human resources and asked to apply for a position. A phone interview was set-up and it went well. After that, a store visit (second interview) was scheduled and went well. I e-mailed the human resources representative that I was very interested and she responded that she forwarded my information to the managers and should hear back for an interview with them. Two weeks went by and I never heard back. I e-mailed the human resources representative to request feedback and have never heard back. No response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions are quite typical. What are your future goals? What are your ideal positions (1st, 2nd, 3rd)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews in which the interviewer asked very typical questions for that scenario

Interview Questions

• Give one instance of something going wrong in work and what you did to turn it around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

They ask you questions like: Why do you want to work for Sherwin? Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years? You have phone interview with recruiter, face-to-face with store manager, then city and district manager. A lot of interviewing but can't be nervous be sure of yourself, and brush up on the position you are applying for as well as the company. They like to know you can take instruction well as grow within the company because they are looking for managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time with a customer and what did you do to solve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Trussville, AL) in November 2010.

Interview

Initial Communication started when I wrote a thank you letter, thanking the recruiter for her time she spent with me at the Career fair. She then emailed me back and said to apply online and after I apply to email her back. Then she asked me to set up a phone interview. She asked the questions "Tell me about a time where you took initivate" and Tell me about a time that a teammate wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did to fix it. Then after the phone interview she emailed me and we made arrangments to go on a storevisit in Trussvile near Birmingham area. They emailed me a packet before hand with questions that they wanted me to get answered while I was on my store visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you showed initive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a teammemeber wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Burlington, VT) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process was very laid back and relaxing. Interviewer asked basic behavioral questions. There were two rounds, first a phone a screening with corporate HR and then face-to-face with district manger in the hiring area.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult for me since our college trained well in interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations happened over the phone. The hiring manager did come up some in salary.