Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. I completed the phone screening the next week and was told that I performed well and they wanted me to visit the district store in Orlando, Florida. I drove out there a little over 2 weeks later and interviewed with the city manager who told me I asked some pretty high level questions and he seemed pleased with me. A week after that I received another email prompting me to visit a local store in Gainesville to complete a store visit there. I visited the appropriate store and walked through a guide with the store manager. He was very informative and friendly and I left when we were finished there. I was offered the job about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you struggled with something and how did you overcome that situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through a phone screening process in which I had spoken about my past experience, level of education, and any type of past management experience. Then, after I was called to schedule my date for the 1 to 1 interview with the District Manager, I had to go into the district office. I was asked a series of question pertaining to past experience and education level again. After, this line of questioning most of the interview was focused on how I would help the store and generate more leads to increase accounts and revenue.

Interview Questions

• What is your education level?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a 3 step process. The area HR recruiter interviews you with basic questions. Then you visit one of the stores to get the feel of what the job actual entails. Interview with the City Manager for the final one to get hired. Always ask a lot of questions as upper management wants to see that you are interested and continually learning through every process of the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Store Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Phila, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

first i was asked for a phone screening interviewed, then I set up a one on one with one of the city managers, then I was scheduled to visit a store and was interviewed by store manager and assistant. Then i had a follow up phone interview, and last I had an interview with the district manager.
    In my opinion the interviewing process was way too complex and long, and is not that way for everyone, I heard of other co workers that by passed all the interviews, and were hired because they knew someone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going within this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was asked a series of several personal questions followed by some professional experience related questions. I was asked to do a background check and also asked to do a drug test. Everything went very well overall. After the interview process, I was given an offer below what my requirements were. We negotiated a salary for about one hour, but finally I decided that they couldn't match my expectations. I decided not to pursue the job opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

3 step interview process. Pretty easy to get through just be courteous to everyone you meet and look professional. Being aware that you never know who you are going to meet is something anyone should keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• Being asked why you wanna work with people is always a bit strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. They wont let you.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

applied online, contacted by recruiter, set up phone interview. all behavior type questions related to customer service. set up a store visit with local store. super laid back and informative. lasted an hour. they send you a list of questions to ask and you go right down the list. email recruiter thanking him. then you will have another phone call with him, asking if your still interested. next, you set up interview with district manager, formal-suit, last an hour and more behavior questions, more in depth questins about yourself to see if youd be a good fit. email recruiter again thanking him and keeping him updated after every step. Offer the next day for 41,000. you start making salary the first day you start working even when youre training.

Interview Questions

• strenghts, weaknesses, overcame adversity with customer, excel at customer service, sales experience, sell boss on something, worked with non-cooperative, respond to angry customer, tunred negative into positive   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by human resources and asked to apply for a position. A phone interview was set-up and it went well. After that, a store visit (second interview) was scheduled and went well. I e-mailed the human resources representative that I was very interested and she responded that she forwarded my information to the managers and should hear back for an interview with them. Two weeks went by and I never heard back. I e-mailed the human resources representative to request feedback and have never heard back. No response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions are quite typical. What are your future goals? What are your ideal positions (1st, 2nd, 3rd)?   Answer Question