Sherwin-Williams

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Questions
  • What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question
Pay was negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself going within this company?   View Answer
    They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2013.

3 step interview process. Pretty easy to get through just be courteous to everyone you meet and look professional. Being aware that you never know who you are going to meet is something anyone should keep in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked why you wanna work with people is always a bit strange.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. They wont let you.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

applied online, contacted by recruiter, set up phone interview. all behavior type questions related to customer service. set up a store visit with local store. super laid back and informative. lasted an hour. they send you a list of questions to ask and you go right down the list. email recruiter thanking him. then you will have another phone call with him, asking if your still interested. next, you set up interview with district manager, formal-suit, last an hour and more behavior questions, more in depth questins about yourself to see if youd be a good fit. email recruiter again thanking him and keeping him updated after every step. Offer the next day for 41,000. you start making salary the first day you start working even when youre training.

Interview Questions
    • strenghts, weaknesses, overcame adversity with customer, excel at customer service, sales experience, sell boss on something, worked with non-cooperative, respond to angry customer, tunred negative into positive   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2013.

I was contacted by human resources and asked to apply for a position. A phone interview was set-up and it went well. After that, a store visit (second interview) was scheduled and went well. I e-mailed the human resources representative that I was very interested and she responded that she forwarded my information to the managers and should hear back for an interview with them. Two weeks went by and I never heard back. I e-mailed the human resources representative to request feedback and have never heard back. No response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are quite typical. What are your future goals? What are your ideal positions (1st, 2nd, 3rd)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in June 2013.

I had two phone interviews in which the interviewer asked very typical questions for that scenario

Interview Questions
    • Give one instance of something going wrong in work and what you did to turn it around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2010.

Initial Communication started when I wrote a thank you letter, thanking the recruiter for her time she spent with me at the Career fair. She then emailed me back and said to apply online and after I apply to email her back. Then she asked me to set up a phone interview. She asked the questions "Tell me about a time where you took initivate" and Tell me about a time that a teammate wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did to fix it. Then after the phone interview she emailed me and we made arrangments to go on a storevisit in Trussvile near Birmingham area. They emailed me a packet before hand with questions that they wanted me to get answered while I was on my store visit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you showed initive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a teammemeber wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2010.

Interview process was very laid back and relaxing. Interviewer asked basic behavioral questions. There were two rounds, first a phone a screening with corporate HR and then face-to-face with district manger in the hiring area.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult for me since our college trained well in interviewing.   Answer Question
    Negotiations happened over the phone. The hiring manager did come up some in salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2010.

I've known the DM I interviewed with for about four years. But interviews are never easy and it was definitely a good learning experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2009.

Pretty structured, first interview with HR over the phone, then in person, and finally with the store manager or regional director. Overall rather standard, there was no panel-type interview involved. There were some odd questions that didn't have much to do about the position or company, which i assume was to get a better perspective as to who you are as a person, but they definitely felt forced. Overall, though, a pretty straight forward process.

Interview Questions
    • What impression would someone have of you in the first 5 minutes of speaking with them?   Answer Question

Not the right fit