Sherwin-Williams

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question
there was no negotiatin for the entry level

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself going within this company?   View Answer
    They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question
    Pay was negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2010.

The recruiter calls and does a phone screening interview, if they find you to be a good fit they call you in for a 1:1. After that if they think you are good fit they send you to a "store visit" where you go the nearest Sherwin-Williams store to see what the job is really like. Once you have done the store visit you report to the recruiter which then schedules a meeting with the district manager/city manager. You meet with him and it all goes from there, he decides whether or not you'll be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   View Answer
    there is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2010.

Initial Communication started when I wrote a thank you letter, thanking the recruiter for her time she spent with me at the Career fair. She then emailed me back and said to apply online and after I apply to email her back. Then she asked me to set up a phone interview. She asked the questions "Tell me about a time where you took initivate" and Tell me about a time that a teammate wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did to fix it. Then after the phone interview she emailed me and we made arrangments to go on a storevisit in Trussvile near Birmingham area. They emailed me a packet before hand with questions that they wanted me to get answered while I was on my store visit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you showed initive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a teammemeber wasn't pulling his/her weight and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2013.

3 step interview process. Pretty easy to get through just be courteous to everyone you meet and look professional. Being aware that you never know who you are going to meet is something anyone should keep in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked why you wanna work with people is always a bit strange.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. They wont let you.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

applied online, contacted by recruiter, set up phone interview. all behavior type questions related to customer service. set up a store visit with local store. super laid back and informative. lasted an hour. they send you a list of questions to ask and you go right down the list. email recruiter thanking him. then you will have another phone call with him, asking if your still interested. next, you set up interview with district manager, formal-suit, last an hour and more behavior questions, more in depth questins about yourself to see if youd be a good fit. email recruiter again thanking him and keeping him updated after every step. Offer the next day for 41,000. you start making salary the first day you start working even when youre training.

Interview Questions
    • strenghts, weaknesses, overcame adversity with customer, excel at customer service, sales experience, sell boss on something, worked with non-cooperative, respond to angry customer, tunred negative into positive   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in June 2013.

I had two phone interviews in which the interviewer asked very typical questions for that scenario

Interview Questions
    • Give one instance of something going wrong in work and what you did to turn it around.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2011.

Met the recruiter at a local job fair. Called in for an interview the following week. Interview began with discussion about the work experience listed on my resume. Questions: Why are you making the transition from your current profession into paint? Why did you choose your college major? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you willing to re-locate anywhere within the region (approx.150 mile radius)? What motivates you in the morning to get out of bed? What do you enjoy doing outside of work? Fairly standard interview. He seemed to indicate his belief in a policy requiring 100% unquestionable loyalty to the company. He highlighted this by explaining he had moved 3x in the last 10 years. He also explained that I would not be placed in a store until after completing the training program. When I pressed him on what areas he needed to fill, he seemed annoyed and reiterated the concept that you will be asked to accept an offer before knowing all the details of the job location. For an individual with a home and/or family this might be very difficult to buy into for 30k a year selling paint. I was told if they were interested I would be called for a store visit, but never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2009.

Interview and hiring process was relatively easy for the Management Training Program. Had a 1 on 1 interview with the corporate recruiter. Was encouraged to visit a local store to understand the business and ask questions. After that an interview with the District Manager. Offer was given within 1 week of final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with confrontation with a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for entry level position.